Elena

Hi guys
I have to warn you this is not mine... Yesterday I went to Liguria for a private shooting with some friends that will get married on Dec. 31th, 2009 and took several shots in and out their house.
Gigi, the groom, asked me to take some pictures and this is one of them. He has never used a DSLR. My only advice here was to use flash to give her sparkling eyes. Luck or talent? However definitely a beautiful shot.

D700 - 70-200 @ 90mm - 1/60s - F/8 - (C) Luigi Maggese

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi,

Actually, on the technical side, there is a significant area of her face that is overexposed (blown). For me this is very distracting. The pose and the smile are good though. If this was shot in RAW, you might be able to recover a little bit.

Ciao Samer
I see your point and actually tried to recover a bit but the result was more unnatural than the original, plus the girl will be equally pleased by this picture (can you imagine a newbie that has never handled a DSLR taking such shot how proud must feel?)

Ciao Samer
I see your point and actually tried to recover a bit but the result was more unnatural than the original (I'm not that expert on retouching) plus the girl will be equally pleased by this picture (can you imagine a newbie - her bf - that has never handled a DSLR taking such shot how proud must feel?)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom