Eleven photos from Cape Breton Island, NS

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Pa, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Here are a few random scenes from our travels around Cape Breton Island this past July.

1. Mrs. T. photographing a scene along the coast road
    _D755586-XL.

2. Skyline Trail
    _D721476-XL.

3. Skyline Trail on a foggy day
    _D721486-XL.

4. White-fringed orchis on the Bog Trail
    _D721501-XL.

5. On the trail to White Point on the north shore
    _D721557-XL.

6. Eagle at White Point
    _D721591-XL.

7. Rainwater pockets at Green Cove
    _D755619-XL.

8. Hare bells in the stones at Green Cove
    _D755615-XL.

9. Jigging Lake
    _D755625-XL.

10. Dingwall harbor
    _D721651-XL.

11. Louisbourg light
    _D755641-XL.

2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Oh! What a delightful set! That Skyline trail looks wonderful! And 5, 9 and 10 are beautiful! Seeing your images just makes me want to make this trip even more!

3. So green, peaceful and inviting.

4. This set is so appealing on its own but also because it reminds me of my and my wife's trip there in 2010. When we were at White Point, we came upon a group of 18 geologists from the organization, Eurogranites, who were attending their organization's 40th annual meeting and taking day trips throughout the area. They went to Cape Breton Island that year because of the geological clues in the land having to do with the construct of the continents before they separated. When they saw my camera gear, they asked me to take a group photo. They thought I was a genius because I posed them above a rock formation. :ROFLMAO:

5. Thanks, Karen. It's worth a trip. Actually, it would probably be prettier in the Fall, but July was when we had time.

Yup.

:D. Clever you.

Our daughter went there last Fall for an ethnomusicology conference in Sydney. There is quite a bit of traditional music performed there, mainly Scottish.

6. You capture a place special to many here and to others who view the images.

7. A good set.

Cheers

8. Fun to see your images, thanks for sharing.

9. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Very nice set Jim this is a destination for us on "The Bucket List", thanks for posting the inspirational pictures

10. Thanks for the kind remarks, folks.

11. Jim, these are great. Thanks for taking us along on your travels and sharing these photos.

12. Thanks, Mitchell. Glad to see you're back after Irma.