Eleven Rods

Discussion in 'People' started by BigPixel, Apr 9, 2007.

1. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Just a snapshot. Shooting fishermen near the golden hour, Hawaiian style!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  2. Man, I wish my snapshots had this impact...I love that shot, Mike.
  3. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Thanks John.

The reason this image barely escaped the bit bucket was due to the composition presented. All those fishing rods with the men against a setting sun reflection? Cool.

But I missed the shot. Had I been set up with a tripod waiting for the shot things might have been different. As it was, I had just pulled into this viewing area and had but a few seconds to weild around my gigantic Bigma 50-500 and shoot off a few frames before the light changed. Hand held at 500mm and shooting from the hip, this was as good as it got. The Bigma is not good in subdued light especially if the wind is blowing hard. The image is pretty soft. Maybe next time....as we always lament.
  4. Mike........... you lead such a crap life!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Great comp my friend! :eek:

5. i like this, i like this alot :D
    pretty good pic uve got without tripod and with a heavy cam
    the comp on this one is amazing kwl
  6. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Graeme, somone's got to do it....(wink)

And thanks Tommy. The Sigma 50-500 extended is usually pretty stable to hold but it was blowing hard. Anyway, I like the comp too and like I preach here all the freaking time, photography isn't all about eye splitting sharpness anyway. Composition, mood, lighting. That's what draws one in.
  7. I love the sun's reflection off the water. We see that alot here in Florida.
    It really is peaceful.

8. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

the golden hour over water can't be beat! Thanks Tim.