1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Elijah and auto iso

Discussion in 'People' started by Nuteshack, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i really dig auto iso...especially when shooting in variable light conditions it's really the way to go,,just set your default shutter speed and fire away...:biggrin:

from last night at the local pool -> 85 1.8 @f1.8, 1/125s, 1400iso
    ...the little buggar actually gave me a quick pose:wink:

806584152_42c3e755da_o.

2. I have never tried auto ISO but it has worked for you. Was the lighting from incandescent or was it waning sunlight? The D50 has done well in the noise departiment in any event as ISO1400 is way up there. Like your use of DOF to isolate your boy and yet give an overall look for the setting.

3. great shot nute. yes i agree with you, auto-iso is completely useful in most situations. this image looks very clean for iso 1400. you've outdone yourself!

4. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Nice capture, great subject separation.

Do you usually prefer A priority or S priority?

5. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Gordon ....it was near dark and they had some over-head flo going too, so a mix of light here. auto iso was in order as the very next frame i changed my position just slightly and the iso came in @1000. i don't use this feature exclusively but in situations such as this it's the ticket. at least for me anyway:biggrin:

6. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

amen Joe...thanks:smile:

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

I'm almost exclusively A priority, then M...i have only used S a handful of times...even for sports i almost always use A ...i prefer to have control of the DOF:wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.