Elijah in the tub..

I took this shot of Elijah a few nights ago. I was giving him a bath and he was having a lot of fun so I snapped a few shots.

I had some WB issues w/ the lighting in our bathroom and didn't like the color of the tub insert wall behind him, so I took the easy way out and went w/ this b&w conversion. I like it.

D300 w/ 50mm 1.4
ISO 1600
f/1.6
1/125

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the shot too! Cute kid you have there!
Thank you!

You have come up with a hi-key image with this conversion. Cute.
Ah, yes, hi-key.. that's the word I was looking for. Thanks.

Definite Prize Winning Shot!! Adorable!!
Thank you! I definitely love the shot, might have to hang one in the bathroom somehow. =]

Congratulations on a great shot. I think the high key treatment works well here.

Glenn
Thanks a lot, I've rarely had much success shooting while he is bathing, but I got it right this time, I think.

i think you should enter that somewhere. classic.
My wife mentioned that too, but I've no clue where that somewhere would be. Let me know if you have some idea. =]

Great shot. Looks like he's saying..."Uhhh you mind...I'm trying to bath here".
Hahaha, yeah I definitely got that look a few times. I eventually put the camera down and bathed him as he had expected me to.

Anyone have any pointers on best process for hanging pictures in the bathroom? Gatorboard? I'm not going for archival quality and can simply re-print in a few years if it messes up due to humidity, etc.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom