1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Elijah in the tub..

Discussion in 'People' started by Seth, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I took this shot of Elijah a few nights ago. I was giving him a bath and he was having a lot of fun so I snapped a few shots.

I had some WB issues w/ the lighting in our bathroom and didn't like the color of the tub insert wall behind him, so I took the easy way out and went w/ this b&w conversion. I like it.

D300 w/ 50mm 1.4
    ISO 1600
    f/1.6
    1/125

3186985172_1b5b85d89c_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. I like the shot too! Cute kid you have there!

3. You have come up with a hi-key image with this conversion. Cute.

4. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Definite Prize Winning Shot!! Adorable!!

5. Congratulations on a great shot. I think the high key treatment works well here.

Glenn

6. intruder61

intruder61

Dec 16, 2008
    australia
    i think you should enter that somewhere. classic.

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Great shot. Looks like he's saying..."Uhhh you mind...I'm trying to bath here".

8. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Thank you!

Ah, yes, hi-key.. that's the word I was looking for. Thanks.

Thank you! I definitely love the shot, might have to hang one in the bathroom somehow. =]

Thanks a lot, I've rarely had much success shooting while he is bathing, but I got it right this time, I think.

My wife mentioned that too, but I've no clue where that somewhere would be. Let me know if you have some idea. =]

Hahaha, yeah I definitely got that look a few times. I eventually put the camera down and bathed him as he had expected me to.

Anyone have any pointers on best process for hanging pictures in the bathroom? Gatorboard? I'm not going for archival quality and can simply re-print in a few years if it messes up due to humidity, etc.

9. If you could.... colorize his eyes..

10. Excellent conversion!

11. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I'm not a big fan of selective coloring, but I may try it. Thanks.

Thanks Sonya!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.