Elinchrom EL 20812KIT 400Ws D-Lite To Go Set

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by captainobvious, Sep 25, 2008.

1. They have this new kit out for +/- $830 (on amazon). Good deal? Good kit? Anyone have experiences with similar kits from them? I just need something to get me started with a small bit of studio lighting. Suggestions/comments? I already have an SB-600, should I just buy an SB-800 and use the two flashes with softboxes/umbrellas?
    -Andrew

http://www.amazon.com/Elinchrom-EL-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1222368506&sr=1-1

[​IMG]

2. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    I am still at the stage of using SB-800s with various stands, clamps, umbrellas and reflectors, but I have been thinking of some kind of a soft box setup. My initial thoughts have been to get some kind of decent-sized softbox rigged in a way that would allow two SB-800s to be used.

But this set-up looks very good, and flexible. And I have heard the Elinchrom brand has a great reputation.

-- Russ

3. Andrew its a excellent kit to start out with.

Unless you need the portability of the SB800 the studio strobes will be faster and more reliable to use. It will also take alot more acessories that cant be used on a speedlight.

Kindest

4. That's a great kit. There is one right now on eBay that looks to be in like new condition that you can get for a buy it now price of $699.

5. I'm definately considering it. I plan on buying a Nikon D300, so if i do that I may not have the money for this kit at the moment, and would have to buy it later next year. If so I would buy an umbrella to use with my SB600 until then.

6. Rudi

Rudi

Sep 29, 2008
    Australia
    Great kit! I have one of those D-Lite4 kits, and have recently also bought an RX600 two-light kit. The RX are Elinchrom's top-of-the-range monoblocs, but I'm keeping the D-Lites - they are that good! God enough that they are not worth replacing with something else for all the other lights that you need in a studio at one time or another - accent and background lights, etc. A great kit on its own as well! You won't regret this purchase. :smile: