1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Elizabeth D3 and NX2

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by TCMony, Aug 10, 2008.

1. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    Here is shot of a wonderful young lady from Mississippi. If you want some amazing talent just take a trip to Mississippi and choose anyone of the gulf cities.

2423830343_3386b9621e_o.
    NIKON D3    ---    105mm    f/4.0    1/250s    ISO 200

2423826109_5e7055db38_o.
    NIKON D3    ---    105mm    f/4.0    1/160s    ISO 200

2423828383_11132ec312_o.
    NIKON D3    ---    85mm    f/8.0    1/400s    ISO 200

2. pretty girl
    nice shot

you need to fix her mouth in image #1...
    her smile is crooked and you can see her teeth on the right side (her left side) of the image.... that isn't pleasing to the eye

easily fixed, however

in image #2... her mouth is slightly open as well
    she ought to work on that
    ... something i'd mention to her

3. Nice shots. Pretty girl. In addition to what Greg has suggested, I would recommend cloning out the hole in the wall above her right shoulder in pic 3.

4. There's something unnatural about her skin in the first picture, there's no texture in it. Even the most perfect complexion has texture. The mouth doesn't really bother me. I think it adds a little sex appeal to the image.

The second shot I don't care for. It just doesn't move me. Nice technicals and composition.

The third shot needs a slight Levels adjustment to take that milky haze off the capture. Go into Levels ad move the right slider to the left until it's under the data and see what you think. Add a little sharpening and the eyes pop and the images comes together.

I like her sultry look, some moody lighting and earthy wardrobe would go well with that look.

Good stuff... push yourself a little more. I'll be looking foreward to seeing your progress.

5. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    Yeah I am just being lazy. I have a large edit with the hole retouched out.

Thank you all for your comments.

6. Hmm, I think I need to set aside my reservations of coming to the US :biggrin: These are wonderful shots of an indeed wonderful lady.

7. Beautiful lady. I really like the first shot. The crop does it for me. Personally, I find her mouth quite alluring in that shot. Wouldn't change a thing.

8. Beautiful model. Nicely done. I actually like the smile in #1.

9. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Nice work: particularly, I like the first. Wow!

Best Regards,

10. Michael

Michael

Jun 30, 2005
    Mid-Michigan
    The eyes in #1 are very captivating. Really like it! As mentioned earlier a little texture in her skin might help a little but still a great shot. Nicely done...

11. Excellent work. I do like the first the best; it brings out her eyes. Looks like the sunlight caught her squinting a bit. The second shot is a great capture of her pleasant smile, maybe a different crop?

12. Really very pretty!
    I understand the comments about #1, but to me that is a wonderful portrait - WOW!

13. I really love that 3rd shot. There's something about her eyes that is extremely appealing and captivating. As Woody said, a very sultry look.

I actually like the wrought iron shadow on the right side of the image. To me, it nicely anchors the straight line of her body on her left side, while the right side of her body has some "movement"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.