Emergency----picassa Help !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by W.Ditto, May 14, 2007.

1. well, not really emergency, but, to me it's VERY disconcerting.....as some of you know, my laptop computer crashed, it's waiting for my "ship" to come in to fix it and replace screen.......okay.....I borrow computers from the library to keep up with you folks, and my daughter, but found to my dismay that I cannot get into my Pisassa account from any other computer except mine !!!!! Guess where my photos are ?????? Am I mistaken (inept) or is there a way to access my account from another computer....HELP.....what if one were to buy a new computer, how would you access old account (stored files) ?
    thanks a million
    well, actually, only about 100,000, pix that is....
    dit

2. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    Not sure if this is any help, but I can get to my Picassa web album from the 3 computers I use.

Are you getting any errors prompted upon loging in?

3. that may be my problem, I haven't ever logged in before as I just use my "favorites" prompt......I wish I could just call 'em up and talk to a human...

4. wait, that wouldn't work, it would try to copy all the pix on whatever computer I was on if I opened my old account, right?

5. Jeffx2

Jeffx2

May 2, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    I would suggest not even use the library computer to log in to any site that you need a PW for. That's just the paranoia in me though.

I don't use Picasa myself, but my friend has logged in from my computer to show me images, so I would think you could log in from any system.

6. Ghunger

Ghunger

Apr 2, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Should be a link to have them send you your password by email, which should let you log in. Like Jeffx2 said though, be careful not to let the computer save your passwords, just to be safe.

7. oh, yes, roger on the passwords, thanks...

8. mallaig

mallaig

Mar 12, 2006
    Do you have Picasa or Picasa Web Albums on that computer? If I remember correctly they offered both versions in parallel but only the Web Album edition will give you access to your online gallery. The latest version should work fine.

You should be able to access your gallery from any computer that has Picasa Web Albums installed. I can do this from my two workstations and one laptop.

Cheers.

9. Aye, there'll be the rub, then, as I am sure that Ditto would not be able to download any kind of program into the library's computers.

As for the password situation: Like computers on display at the Apple store and other computer vendors, the library will have special software in their machines that automatically clears out extraneous stuff each night and restores the machines to whatever the preferred default configuration is. This clears out people's search histories, their passwords, anything someone may have inadvertently done while checking their email, etc. However, yes, as a precaution after using any public computers for checking your email, it is a good idea to clear the internet history right then and there, too.

10. ibcj

ibcj

Dec 19, 2006
    New York
    I'm able to log into my picasa account from multiple computers without a problem.

Be very careful with public computers. A keylogger could easiliy be attached to the back of the computer for a few hours and then removed. I'm sure that it would yield some rather interesting results.

Hope you get your computer back soon.