1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Emerging Tidepools - Oregon Coast

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by photolizard, Jul 3, 2018.

1. photolizard

photolizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    We were fortunate to have some great tide pools right out from our motel in Lincoln City, OR.
    I loved watching the tide pools emerge at low tide - and of course exploring them during low tide.

p2935908166-5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p2935913294-5.jpg

p2935956813-5.jpg

p2935956754-5.jpg

p2935956814-5.jpg

p2936029452-5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice shots Aaron, #2 is my favorite. Find anything in them? I’d often find young octopus in them.

3. photolizard

photolizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Thanks for looking Rick. We only found the normal crabs, snails, starfish, & anemones. My son is claiming an octopus. But, I'm not putting money on it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nice, I have enjoyed this during my visits to the Oregon coast as well. I like #6 as you have a little bit of everything.

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Hi Aaron, thanks for sharing, hope all is well! ,

6. photolizard

photolizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Thanks, Gordon. This was our first time to the area. I don't think it will be the last.
    Thanks for looking, Wade. This trip was graduation presents for the kids. One graduated high school and the other from Mizzou.

7. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Aaron, it's nice to see how others see and appreciate our coast line. I also took some coast shots this week that I posted.. I was just South of Lincoln City for my second set. I like your tidal pools, depending on the light... shooting into them can produce some beautiful colors and subjects. Nicely done.

8. Awesome photos, I have spent many of days in tide pools as well as the seas, those turbin snails are a real treat, I can smell the Abalone on those rocks.

9. photolizard

photolizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Thanks for looking, Paul. We loved it. I will definitely be back. My son would like to find a job out there after he graduates from college. He really liked the climate.
    Thanks, Darrell. Since it was our first time out there, many of my shots have the "postcard" look to them. I look forward to getting out there again to actually be creative as opposed to family vacation mode.

10. Nice set, #2 looks great.

11. Nice, if shot in raw, think you can really pull out quite a bit more in image 2 in post. Prob little more color and slight contrast in skies, as well as foreground.

12. Very nice. I especially like the leading lines in 2 and 4.

13. photolizard

photolizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Thanks.
    I almost always shoot raw. I don't like to spend much time at the computer, though.
    Thanks, Allan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.