Emily has been teaching Fenix a big lesson the last two days _PIX UP NOW

And that lesson has been: when play fighting, enthusiastic biting of body parts hurts like a bugger. Fenix has been doing the most crying and whining. He has needed this mid-course correction ever since he moved in in mid-August. I would have photos, but both of them are hyper on adrenalin - I cannot get a single photo that is not completely blurry even with a 12-24. They race around the bed on the floor, leaping up onto the top of the bedding, then 3 feet above that to meet belly to belly. when they tire of the encounters, both lie on the blankets panting. They can continue the rough-housing for about 20 minutes before pausing for a rest or drink. Tomorrow I will explore the use of high speed sync with my A1 flash in an attempt to capture some of the action.

Last edited:
Just discovered the Nikon user's Guide for the D850 has no entry in the index for "High Speed Sync".

So I mounted my 14-24, just raised the ISO a bit and dialed in shutter speed of 1/2000, f2.8, switched into HS machine gun mode and fired away at this morning's "rumble". Lots of what appears to be focussed shots on the camera display, so it will be a couple of hours yet before posting pix of the kids exercising.

Here is some of the battle

Fenix attacking from the heights

Fenix-Attacking -From-Heights.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Emily going for the kidneys with Fenix realizing biting can hurt.

Emily-Going-for-the-Kidneys.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom