1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Emily

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by DRGSin, Aug 18, 2009.

1. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    Comments/critiques encouraged and appreciated:

[​IMG]

2. Love the PP and composition! Actually only the upper smoke that starts to run up her nostril makes me a little uncomfortable when I look at the shot. Thank you very much for sharing!

3. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    thanks for looking and taking the time to comment. actually, it made her uncomfortable also. this was the last of the usable shots-you can see her eye starting to tear up-she was a trooper though

4. Incredible shot. No comments apart from the side of the mouth - too red compared to the rest of the lips (IMHO)

5. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    thank you! do you mean the corner? yea i agree

6. Yep, the corner of the mouth... awesome shot though.

7. quest4quail

quest4quail

Jul 6, 2009
    Clovis, NM
    Do not know enough to critique but my comment is "WOW!" Very creative.

8. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    thank you quest!

9. Great idea and composition very well executed!

10. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    I love the idea....but my eyes were instantly drawn to the smoke around the nose and I was thinking "What is on her nose!?".

11. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    Thank you! thanks for commenting
    my goal was for the viewer's eye to be led by the smoke exiting the mouth, up to the nose over to the eye-thanks for taking the time to comment

12. davidC

davidC

Mar 10, 2009
    MD
    very nice shot.

13. photobrad

photobrad

Oct 1, 2008
    Florida
    Thats exactly what you accomplished too!
    Interesting shot. Did you set out to get this one shot, or was it just something that occurred during a regular shoot??

14. Yes I can see now the watery eye:)  I had similar experience with a model I shot facing the sun, she didn't complain but I am sure she was very uncomfortable.

15. Awesome shot! I really like it.

16. Awesome shot!

17. cr2596

cr2596

Aug 20, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The smoke on the nose seemed to be too much. However, on this small monitor, I cant see the shot in its entirety. I have a feeling it wont bother me in full view.

18. lf911sc

lf911sc

Jun 15, 2008
    Monmouth, NJ
    I like it. The smoke and the red corner don't bother me.

19. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    Yes I did, thais was the purpose of this shot. About 13 shots to get this one, and one right after it. She kept "blowing" the smoke out instead of letting it "flow" out of her mouth. Im assuming so it wouldnt go up her nose and into her eyes! LOL.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the nice comments!

20. It is an interesting shot. I like the lighting and composition and think it would be even better with out the smoke. However, if the smoke were just coming out of her mouth rather then up to her noise, it might have the same look with out the distraction.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.