Emily

Comments/critiques encouraged and appreciated:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Love the PP and composition! Actually only the upper smoke that starts to run up her nostril makes me a little uncomfortable when I look at the shot. Thank you very much for sharing!

thanks for looking and taking the time to comment. actually, it made her uncomfortable also. this was the last of the usable shots-you can see her eye starting to tear up-she was a trooper though

I love the idea....but my eyes were instantly drawn to the smoke around the nose and I was thinking "What is on her nose!?".

my goal was for the viewer's eye to be led by the smoke exiting the mouth, up to the nose over to the eye-thanks for taking the time to comment
Thats exactly what you accomplished too!
Interesting shot. Did you set out to get this one shot, or was it just something that occurred during a regular shoot??

Yes I can see now the watery eye:) I had similar experience with a model I shot facing the sun, she didn't complain but I am sure she was very uncomfortable.

The smoke on the nose seemed to be too much. However, on this small monitor, I cant see the shot in its entirety. I have a feeling it wont bother me in full view.

Thats exactly what you accomplished too!
Interesting shot. Did you set out to get this one shot, or was it just something that occurred during a regular shoot??
Yes I did, thais was the purpose of this shot. About 13 shots to get this one, and one right after it. She kept "blowing" the smoke out instead of letting it "flow" out of her mouth. Im assuming so it wouldnt go up her nose and into her eyes! LOL.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the nice comments!

It is an interesting shot. I like the lighting and composition and think it would be even better with out the smoke. However, if the smoke were just coming out of her mouth rather then up to her noise, it might have the same look with out the distraction.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom