Emily

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Aug 23, 2005.

1. My daughter Emily outside our villa in Tuscany. Comments welcome.

Light breeze and late evening sun:

Close up:

2. Love the nice warm light very nice portrait you sure do have a beautiful family

3. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    You have a villa in Tuscany? Cool.

Nice shots too.

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Love the warm light of the setting sun. You have a beautiful daugher with magnificent hair. Really shows in the first one.

5. Mike, thanks for looking and for your nice comments.

Biggs, I should have mentioned that I rented the villa in Tuscany, I don't own it.

Torben, how nice to hear from you and for your kind comments. Emily was an exchange student in Finland during a college semester and loved the scenery in the Scandanavian countries. She is now a nurse, married to a doctor and has two children. :smile:

6. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Still , Even to rent a villa in Tuscany . I can only dream about it.

7. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    Great pictures with a very nice Tuscan color scheme to them.

Biggstr6, reminds of when I was talking with an old high school friend that I hadn't seen in 10 years. We were telling him about the one week trip to Paris that my wife and I had just taken (after talking about it for 15 years). When we were through he said, "Yeah, my wife and I rented a house in Provence for six months last year and we spent a lot of time in Cannes, but we never made it up to Paris." Kinda took the wind out of our sails...

8. Thanks Chris. Tuscany is a really pretty part of Italy and we enjoyed our two weeks there. The late evening sun made for good picture taking light.

9. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Gordon:

Very nice portrait of your daughter. You are right about the late evening sun. Makes for a nice subtle golden glow :smile:

10. stm69

stm69

Aug 10, 2005
    Gordon,

Is it possible to share the EXIF's/lens? How close was your daughter to the wall? I like to see camera settings and hopefully learn from them and what effects they have.

Thanks!

Sam

11. Lisa, thanks for your nice comments.

Sam, here is the EXIF. The lens was my 17-55mm DX and my daughter was against the wall with some light being reflected from a wall across the street.

Date/Time 09-Jun-2005 10:06:15
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2H
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 55 mm
    Exposure Time 1/90 sec
    Aperture f/4.8
    ISO Equivalent 200
    Exposure Bias +1
    White Balance Auto
    Metering Mode multi spot (3)