Emotional train-wreck - UPDATED

Monica was discharged from hospital yesterday to a local hospice. The radiation for her brain cancer was concurrent with a precipitous decline in her well being. Today the hospise evaluated her and reached the conclusion the has reached the end of her life, with her end coming within a few days or even hours. Hospice helped me to understand what I was seeing in her behaviours and in her condition.

I thank all Cafe members for their assistance in getting us through this trial over the last 6 1/2 years. Please continue your prayers to ease her spirit from this life to the next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick, I wish her ease of her pain and suffering and I wish you the strength to carry through. The old adage, "this too shall pass", an all to true truism, however difficult it is to accept and take in this life.

I hope both your suffering is eased Nick,
Doug

Nick, I wish her ease of her pain and suffering and I wish you the strength to carry through. The old adage, "this too shall pass", an all to true truism, however difficult it is to accept and take in this life.

I hope both your suffering is eased Nick,
Doug

Well said Doug! Prayers are being sent from my family to yours Nick.

So sorry for her and you, I went through this 10 years ago and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. My prayers are with you.

Thoughts and prayers for you both.

thoughts going out to you and your family. I'm not really good at things like this but i wish the best for you and your family and can't possibly understand and feel what you are going through but I know you have the strength and courage to get through this.

I know that's true Nick. I've not lost a spouse, except through divorce. But I know losing my Dad was the hardest thing I continue to go through every day. Losing my Sister was no picnic either. Two very tough loses for me. Dad though, He was my best friend, and it will always hurt. But to take something from one of the people in Oklahoma, that he said his little 9 year old daughter would want them to go on. So, he was trying to keep a positive outlook. That's pretty strong, stronger than I could be.

I know Monica will want you to go on too, and enjoy your life, as she will be living through you. You are after all, a part of each other. In that sense, she will live on, throughout your life.

Good day.
Doug

Real Name
Chris
Gonzo, Nick,

Monica will go before you, and others follow you. Y'alls connection gives us all strength as we go into an uncertain future. My prayers and deepest feelings are there for you and Monica. Peace.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
thoughts going out to you and your family. I'm not really good at things like this but i wish the best for you and your family and can't possibly understand and feel what you are going through but I know you have the strength and courage to get through this.

+1.....the passage of time will help with the pain....but the wonderful memories of happier times will grow stronger.

Real Name
Randy
i am so sorry to hear this Nick
I'm thinking about you guys

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom