Emotional value or scene value ???

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Lar, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Lar

Lar

Jun 12, 2005
    Washington State
    Sometimes it's difficult for me to assess certain shots. We had a great time, and the scene was great to look at, but it seems to be a bit boring. There's not allot of subject matter to zero in on. What do you think?

2. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Lar, I agree that its lacking subject. I would bet that the great scope of the scene is what attracted you. That just doesn't convert in photos.

Mike

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I like the image...would a different crop make a positive difference?

4. Well, you asked so I tried a crop. Do you think this gives your image more of a focus?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Personally, I like the shot. The lack of specific subject doesn't bother me. After looking at your picture a while I came up with this.

The tree on the left side of the shot has some neat sun angles on it. If It were the subject of a different shot with the orange glow on the branches, it would be really cool to have the clouds and hills in the background of that.

Like the tree is the sheepdog looking over the heard of other trees on a hill. I know its hokey but thats what I saw anyway. :)

Thanks,

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I'm with patrick,I like it
    Still looking for that second sheepdog found the first one :lol: :lol:

7. I prefer the rendition of Virginia, more contrast and better colors.