Empire State Building night view

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by smera, Oct 13, 2005.

1. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hi Friends,

Sorry I've taken so long to show up here. I've been very busy lately and rarely visting this nice comunity.

Went to New York last week and could not resist bring my D2X and some lenses to the top of the Empire State Building.

Hope you enjoy this picture, as much as I did capturing it.

Kind Regards from Brazil,

Roberto

original.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nicely done!

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    So good you got my vertigo acting up!!

4. Stunning view, Roberto.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow that is some view. Can't imagine carrying that gear alllll the way up there though :>))

Would you just look at allllllll those lights a gazillion people live there. You could see for miles.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  6. very impressive!

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hello Roberto,

I have been wanting to take an image like that for years. Very Nicely done. Did you use a tripod or just balence your camera on the ledge?

Regards

RFC

8. Beautifully done!!! That is one incredible nighttime pano of NYC - good for you!

9. Totally cool photo!

10. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hi Robert,

I was precautious to visit de web site of the Empire State Building before I left my Country. Doing so, I avoided carrying my tripod to the building premises itself and have my visit forbidden by the security people.

But, as you may imagine, it would be impossible to hold the camera steady without the help of a camera support. So, I've decided to try my luck with the security people and hidden my Acratech ballhead under my bag's divisors.

Fortunately, they allowed me to go up with all my gear and I could capture some 200 NEF's in 4 hours, including some made with a Noct Nikkor 58/1.2.

They are trully awesome and I will be glad to send them to you if you like. Just send me your e-mail address and which size you want.

Finally, I must say that I frequently take my inspiration in your work. Thanx for share.

Best Regards,

Roberto

11. Wow, Roberto! This is a stunning image: you must be really pleased! :smile: That was good thinking on your part about not taking the tripod but still taking the ball head. :biggrin:

12. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hi Philippe,

Actually I think I was a bit lucky not to be toroughly investigated by the security people inside the building. If they had found the ballhead, I would probably not be allowed to take it up to the top with me.

Anyway, we have to take some risks in life, in order to try to achieve our goals.

I can assure you I did not violate any rules or laws whatsoever. But, given the actual situation in NY, it is impraticable to take pictures in some places.

Regards.