Empty shoes

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Walking along the stream I came accross these tiny shoes. The would fit a young child and were left neatly set together with this Tiger Swallotail watching over them. No one else around. It actually caused an uneasy feeling in me. Not sure this is the right forum for this photo but not enuf of the subject to go in portraits.
24667665-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

you've had a good series. this is good presentation. Not sure about the butterfly yet but it definately adds to it.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Greg,
I truly appreciate your feedback on this series. I did not get a lot of shots today but the ones I got seemed to present themselves.

That's a very touching shot...sort of melancholic. I got to wondering how it would look if you converted it to B&W w/a bit tighter crop and then brush back in the color from the butterfly....(just a little artsy idea i had)....it's lovely as is though. You have a very good eye.

Fascinating shot - certainly ahs a sense of foreboding about it. Have you thought of putting it in the Lost + Found in the local paper? Someone might claim the butterfly.

Just an idea, but perhaps if you had lain on your stomach the relationship of the butterfly to the boots might have been more forceful? Title "Too small for his boots?"

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Leigh,
I really appreciate your kind comments. I would love to see it transformed as you described, but I doubt I could pull that off. If any viewers, yourself included would try, I would live to see it. I bet that would be the best presentation of this image.
Patrickh- great idea, wish I had thought of that at the time!

PGB

Leigh was telling me about this picture. It definitely has an ominous feeling to it. Seeing as how the shoes are neatly laid out with no one around. Kind of sad actually.

To add to the emotion of the shot Leigh asked what it would look like with just the butterfly in color so I looked at it. Hope you don't mind.

Photo by Dave Watts "Empty Shoes"
24914435-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Patrick and Leigh,
You have done great work transforming this in to the emotion the shot gave me when I visualized it. Very nice. I need to take the time to be able to do that kind of thing. Thanks very much.

Dave, do you use photoshop?
IT is very easy to do this.
Open your image.
Add a Channel Mixer Layer
Ath the bottom click "Monochrome" in the channel mixer dialogue. Then play with the RGB sliders- the sum total for all three values should be 100% (any higher and the image will get lighter, lower it is darker), and I usually like some combination of all three channels. Then clikc ok and your picture will be B&W.

Then simply edit the mask on the layer and brush in black over the places you want to show. Very simple and fast, though I am sure there are better ways.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Much obliged twig. I will experiment with this and let you know what weaknesses I may still have.

Latest threads

Top Bottom