EN-EL18 from Jupio

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Los Azules, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Hi all,

Would you buy this batterie from Jupio ?

Regards

2. I have never used any other battery than what Nikon makes for their camera bodies. I have never have had a power related issue with any of them, reaching back to the D70. Never made any sense to me to trash camera body warranty to save 1/2 the cost of a battery. You can bet Nikon will refuse warranty work if off-brand power sources are used...

3. What if you are using the AA batterie holder from nikon that comes with grip there are no nikon AA batteries.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Since my cameras have always been gripped, I've used Eneloop rechargeable AA batteries for my cameras. Until my D850, the Eneloops provided the highest frame rate. They also charge very quickly and can be used in my SB flash units as well. With the D850, the AA batteries no longer provide the fastest frame rate, so I am using the EN-EL15b.

I'm certain that Nikon would not void my warranty because I used AA batteries in the grip.

Glenn

5. THANKS Glenn,
    That's what i call an answer.

6. +1

7. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    ^^+2 ^^

8. Rick Lunn

Rick Lunn

Jul 1, 2016
    North Dakota
    I agree. I have never understood why someone would spend $2000 to $3000 on a body, then complain about a ~$70 battery spare battery. I realize there are many satisfied customers of 3rd party batteries, but, there are far too many horror stories about overheating and bulging of said batteries.

9. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    When you get into D4, D5 territory, the batteries are $125-150+. However, the cameras are $6K-6.5K. If you can afford that level of camera, I presume you are serious/passionate about your photography. Taking a chance on an aftermarket battery isn't something I want to do. They are cheaper for a reason. I once heard that the aftermarket batteries lack the "high draw circuit breaker" that would keep them from overheating which was the icing on that cake. I'll buy Nikon batteries for my D5 for as long as they make them.

10. I forgot about the grip’s ability to use a gang of AA batteries. It is not something I have ever considered.

A user has no option with any of the Nikon camera flashes. I’ve committed to replace my 5000’s with PF A1’s where there is full power from first flash to last. There is a lesson there for Nikon! I wonder how long it will take Nikon to wake up and see the obvious...