en-el4

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Kemnik, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    anyone know a cogent reason for using this or the en-el4a battery in the MB-D10 grip versus rechargable AAA's? Seems like both will up the fps to 8 on the D300

2. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
  3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    longer life, a touch lighter, compatibility with other full body cameras like the D3, D2xs, D2H etc.

Less hassle

Lot's more cost though.

If you only have the D300 I say stick with the AA lithium recharge models.

Cheers,

Wade

4. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Kurt, last I saw you just got a D200. Now you are sporting a D300. Good for you.:biggrin:

5. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Kurt, here's what I found, but FWIW I have no personal experience with the MB-D10. hope this helps!

'With the included MS-D10 AA battery holder, users can power the camera with 8 AA batteries. Or you can use the Nikon EN-EL4 or EN-EL4A battery (sold separately) combined with the optional BL-3 Battery Chamber Cover to obtain a higher frame advance rate (8 Frames per second in the D300) than the EN-EL3e battery can provide.

6. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks for the info, I think I will stick with AA's

Thanks I'm excited. I do weddings and have been putting off buying a backup body. But I really need one so my D200 is that now.

7. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    excellent info thanks. Wonder how the en-el4a differs from the non 'A' model.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.