en-el4

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Kemnik, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    anyone know a cogent reason for using this or the en-el4a battery in the MB-D10 grip versus rechargable AAA's? Seems like both will up the fps to 8 on the D300

2. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
  3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    longer life, a touch lighter, compatibility with other full body cameras like the D3, D2xs, D2H etc.

Less hassle

Lot's more cost though.

If you only have the D300 I say stick with the AA lithium recharge models.

Cheers,

Wade

4. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Kurt, last I saw you just got a D200. Now you are sporting a D300. Good for you.:biggrin:

5. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Kurt, here's what I found, but FWIW I have no personal experience with the MB-D10. hope this helps!

'With the included MS-D10 AA battery holder, users can power the camera with 8 AA batteries. Or you can use the Nikon EN-EL4 or EN-EL4A battery (sold separately) combined with the optional BL-3 Battery Chamber Cover to obtain a higher frame advance rate (8 Frames per second in the D300) than the EN-EL3e battery can provide.

6. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks for the info, I think I will stick with AA's

Thanks I'm excited. I do weddings and have been putting off buying a backup body. But I really need one so my D200 is that now.

7. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    excellent info thanks. Wonder how the en-el4a differs from the non 'A' model.