end of season banquet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrdinh, Aug 29, 2005.

1. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    Its almost the end of the season for the stock car races here in Jamestown. I'm thinking of attending this dinner. Maybe I can get some sales off my pictures?

I wanted to get some ideas of how to present my pictures. Do i print some 4x6 beforehand? What if no sales? I bite the costs? I can have slideshows off my laptop. But its not that big of a screen. Any other ideas?

help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I tend to print up a bunch of 8x10's of my sporting event pictures and take them with me when I go back.
    That is a huge risk when it comes down to it, what if no one wants to buy any? Then you eat the cost. But if you don't have 8x10's with you, more than likely you won't end up selling anything at all.
    I tend to sell about 25% of what I print up in most cases, but when I have shown only 4x6's very few prints are sold (maybe 1%), and from the computer none are ever sold. (Now if you can print right from the computer, my guess is that you would sell a lot of them.)
    It also depends on how much you charge for them too. I try and get $15 each, and if they purchase 3 or more, then drop down to $10 each.
    I would think if you have some good pictures you can sell them with no problem since Stock Car racing fans don't seem to mind parting with their money.
    The people that tend to buy the most pictures are those that have kids playing hockey. Wow they buy a lot of pictures.
    The ones that seem to buy the least are the parents of girl high school soccer players. This fall I am sure that I will shot some of the boys high school soccer and see how that goes as far as selling pictures to the boys parents.