End of week again

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Oct 17, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Well another week has come and gone ........ so time to share some shots me and the machine gun have come across during our walkabouts. Hope you all had a great week and a better one to come :wink:

Really dig how the eye matches the water
    [​IMG]

Can't believe they can fly :smile:
    [​IMG]

Soaring Egret
    [​IMG]

Trying to land under the radar Night Heron
    [​IMG]

Tailgaters are very dangerous :smile:
    [​IMG]

Like I said can't believe they can fly :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

and finally Group shot
    [​IMG]

2. jln319

jln319

Oct 12, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Those are really great shots! Thanks for sharing.

3. Nice series Ben!

I bet they can't believe they can fly either!

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great shots, post them as-you-go so we don't have to wait a week to see them!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All really great stuff.

Gotta love that first pelican shot :>))))))

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice series Ben. I got lots of shots this weekend too, but I don't get even close to the variety that you have here. I love the Pelicans. They are some of my favorites to shoot when I do get down to FL.

Looks like you had a pretty good week. :smile:

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    excellent series Ben

8. Wow what a week Ben. These are all top notch.

9. Nice series Ben. Talk about coming in for a landing! Love that one of the pelican.

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Ben...I love that second shot...Pelicans are such awkward creatures in the air (and you captured that well!).

Thanks for sharing.

11. Callie

Callie Guest

Hi Ben
    A super collection of very nice birdies, love the tandem shot of peli and cormorant, and the "middle" pic of the raised wing.
    If I may drop a few pointers, tell me if I step on toes - this is to help you to improve. You have very good gear, and a good eye, and reflex. Now, you must try and get the whole subject within the frame. At the level you are shooting, clipped wings and toes are not really acceptable. If you go for the kill, the competition, whatever, but especially just for yourself - push the limits, try to get the whole subject in the frame, like the one side shot of the peli with the raised wing, that is a great shot.
    This is meant in a friendly way, let me know if you do not want pointers.

12. bfjr

bfjr Guest

1st sorry to everyone that has replied. I normally reply in order and will return to reply to everyone later, but felt Callie needed a response right away. Hope you all forgive me.

Callie I checked my toes there all Ok and still there :wink:

You go right ahead and fire away any feelings, tips, whatever you want.

You are of course 99.5% correct and clipping parts is one of my faults that I need to work on.

On my behalf I must say I do not use zooms and work/stalk at getting as close as I can, sometimes to close and when the action starts I just get all carried away in the moment and nearly forget everything including framing.

When I get home and see my framing faults, but the shot is otherwise OK, it pains me so to cull it, but I'm getting better at it!!

Thank you again for your time and comment, look forward to hearing and seeing more of your comments and work. :biggrin:

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ben,

Callie popped me on the same issue (my YCNH shot), and of course he is right. You are right too though; when you are all excited, or when the subject takes off right at you, it's hard to not take the shot, even if the framing isn't perfect (and yes, it tics me off when I get home and see the shots too :rolleyes:).

You and I will both get better at this, and if it takes a gentle hint every now and then, we just have to be tough enough to take it (and I think we are :wink:).

14. All great captures, i particularly like the tailgathers.

15. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Your welcome Jeff
    very happy to enjoy this art form, and be able to share it
    :wink:

16. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Jim
    You know they do sorta have that surprised look on them, especially when landing
    :biggrin:

17. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Ahh your so kind to me Ken
    thank you
    One day soon I gotta go back to work so my time here may be curtailed :frown:

18. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Gale
    Love the Peli's and there around here in abundance so I can get lot's o practice :wink:

19. bfjr

bfjr Guest

yeah Frank I now had a chance to see some of your shots from the weekend and boy am I humbled and uplifted at the same time
    :biggrin:
    Now I have a new goal to shot for !!

20. bfjr

bfjr Guest

thanks Harry
    I see you made good on your promise to get an Eagle, WTG !!