Ended: Bower 7.5mm Fisheye for M43 only $199 @ B&H

Real Name
Chris
Yeah, it's $250 now, with tax. A fisheye is a good lens to have - I have one, and I've had 5 of 'em. You will use it all the time at first, but then after a bit you won't touch it! ...

Finally, it'll be useful for a limited set of pictures. When it's needed, no other lens will do, so if you find something at the "get it all in" limit missing, get a high quality, dedicated prime lens like this Bower, Rokinon, or whatever - and put it to work!

Supplemental lenses also work, but they aren't quite the same at the edges - and that is where fisheyes are important. Search the internet for "dyi fisheye" if you want the ultimate in low cost semi-spherical lenses.

You'll know when you need a fisheye. ... and you'll then you'll catch the bug.

Yeah, it's $250 now, with tax. A fisheye is a good lens to have - I have one, and I've had 5 of 'em. You will use it all the time at first, but then after a bit you won't touch it! ...

Finally, it'll be useful for a limited set of pictures. When it's needed, no other lens will do, so if you find something at the "get it all in" limit missing, get a high quality, dedicated prime lens like this Bower, Rokinon, or whatever - and put it to work!

Supplemental lenses also work, but they aren't quite the same at the edges - and that is where fisheyes are important. Search the internet for "dyi fisheye" if you want the ultimate in low cost semi-spherical lenses.

You'll know when you need a fisheye. ... and you'll then you'll catch the bug.
I think you've described the path I've taken to a "T" - I bought the Rokinon a few months ago after seeing Frank and other's post some cool looking landscape shots (the first one I've ever owned). I used it quite a lot, found some uses for it, but not as much lately. I still carry it and it is almost always mounted on my EPL5. It serves as my ultra wide when I need one, sometimes with all of it's fish eye glory, sometimes slightly defished.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom