Engagement Shoot

Had an engagement shoot tonight for one of my nurses. Great couple to work with. So young and in love!

Used the D2X with the 28-70, f2.8 and the D200 with the 70-200VR. I was afraid to change lenses on the windy beach. Fill was mostly with two SB800s on light stands controlled by the SU800.

Any comments. I hope they like them. The price was certainly right (free)!!

145419083-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

145419063-L.jpg

145419076-L.jpg

145419136-L.jpg

145419162-L.jpg

145419149-M.jpg

145419053-L.jpg

congrats on getting some super poses and compositions! I would, however, suggest using the S&H tool in PS on the first 2, as they could use a little more light on their faces. Nice job...for a rookie!! :wink:

I think they're pretty nice too. It's hard to control highlights on white garments, so maybe next time, ask your subjects to wear something a bit darker? Nice use of light too.

You pulled it off Mitchell. Very Well done. Only have a slight nit with #2 and the placement of the horizon. I am sure the coupel will be thrilled with these.

congrats on getting some super poses and compositions! I would, however, suggest using the S&H tool in PS on the first 2, as they could use a little more light on their faces. Nice job...for a rookie!! :wink:

I'm always reluctant to use S&H due to a color cast I seem to get with it. I'll give it a go on this one. I find this type of lighting to be very challenging. If I spot meter, everything else is blown. If I matrix the faces are too dark. I usually compromise between the two and check the LCD. Unfortunately, the sun was so bright for the first few shots that the screen was impossible to view!

Better luck next time! They know I'm a rookie!:cool:

I think they're pretty nice too. It's hard to control highlights on white garments, so maybe next time, ask your subjects to wear something a bit darker? Nice use of light too.

Everyone down here wants white shirts at the beach. I don't know how this started, but it certainly wasn't a photographer's suggestion!:eek: I spent most of the shoot making sure I didn't blow their white shirts.

Nice. I prefer #3, the B&W, as it's the most naturally posed of the group (IMO)...

This was my favorite shot so far. Very comfortable look and the B&W conversion came out OK. The color of that shot looks nice as well. Thanks for looking.

You pulled it off Mitchell. Very Well done. Only have a slight nit with #2 and the placement of the horizon. I am sure the coupel will be thrilled with these.

Eric,
Thanks for looking at these. I really struggled with placement of the horizon with these two the entire night. No matter what I did it just kept settling down right on their heads. I know exactly what you mean.

Unfortunately, they are both a little vertically challenged. I spent most of the shoot on my knees just trying to get any sky in the photo.:eek:

You've done a wonderful job. You gave them a really nice variety of very beautiful photos. I'll bet they are in love with them.

The stray hairs kind of go with the beach, however the circle on the lady's forehead in 4 is something that I would clone out.

I agree about the white - I shot a little girl in her white communion dress today, and boy was it challenging.

Awesome job Mitchell!

Very nice Mitchel and you have controlled the lighting well. I hope they like them. The B&W of the couple walking on the beach is very relaxed and natural.

You've done a wonderful job. You gave them a really nice variety of very beautiful photos. I'll bet they are in love with them.

The stray hairs kind of go with the beach, however the circle on the lady's forehead in 4 is something that I would clone out.

I agree about the white - I shot a little girl in her white communion dress today, and boy was it challenging.

Awesome job Mitchell!

Thanks for looking at these, Fred. I hadn't noticed those hairs on #4. I will be cloning those out today.

I'll be showing them the pics on Tuesday. Hopefully they will like them.

Very nice Mitchel and you have controlled the lighting well. I hope they like them. The B&W of the couple walking on the beach is very relaxed and natural.

Gordon, thanks for taking the time to look at these and for your previous posing suggestions.

Latest threads

Top Bottom