Enjoying the 35mm1.8 on my D40 .

i sold my d40 but this lens + sb-400 (when needed) was great combo

I think i got a really sharp copy of it also, but nikon has it right now, and there fixing something on it........ lol

Finally a prime lens that I feel comfortable with - the 18-200 is packed away now :smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was looking into getting my first prime for my D40. After seeing Desmond's post, I think that I will order the 35mm. Had looked at the 50, but found out about the non-auto focus thingy and decided against it. Is there anything else I might need to know about the primes before I jump in?

p.s. By the way, have only had my camera for a couple of months, but was looking for something that I could shoot in low light situations. I think I found it......Yea!!!!!

I was looking into getting my first prime for my D40. After seeing Desmond's post, I think that I will order the 35mm. Had looked at the 50, but found out about the non-auto focus thingy and decided against it. Is there anything else I might need to know about the primes before I jump in?

p.s. By the way, have only had my camera for a couple of months, but was looking for something that I could shoot in low light situations. I think I found it......Yea!!!!!
The 50 mm was not wide enough for me and not long enough in the other direction . The 35mm is a nice lens for general shooting that doesn't involve stepping too far back to get most subjects in . The 85mm is a great lens on the other end for me - long enough not to have to walk too close :smile:
What else do you need to know ..... nothing that I know of :smile:
The 35mm is a good start to a 'prime' collection .

this lens is great in low light that was my main reason for buying it

anything to know about primes? yes there is, once you pop you can't stop :eek:

this lens is great in low light that was my main reason for buying it

anything to know about primes? yes there is, once you pop you can't stop :eek:
Agree! For quite a while after i got my D40 the only lens I had was the 18-200 VR. I eventually purchased both the Sigma 30 1.4 and a Tamron 90 2.8, and it was like a whole new world opened, especially with the sigma. Once you realize how much more light you can suck in through a fast prime it gets addicting! :cool:

Anything else you should know? hehe. famous last words, that is all I'm saying.

And I hear you on the auto-focus thing. I wish this lens would have been out last christmas when I bought the 50. I think I would have purchased it instead.

If you search the forum up there are other threads that show this lens is very sharp.

I like it on the D40. Haven't shot with it on the D70s much. I'll bring it by work tomorrow Tim.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom