1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Enjoying the Scenery Below.

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by nuclearjock, Mar 2, 2018.

1. The field I bird at is in the flight path for a local regional airport. Apparently the copilot has yet to see a D850.:) 

DSC_4051_1.
    NIKON D850    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6    200mm    f/6.3    1/1250s    ISO 320

DSC_4051_2.
    NIKON D850    200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6    200mm    f/6.3    1/1250s    ISO 320
    Sure hope he didn't think my D850/200-500 was a weapon.:eek: 

2. Boy, that's a blue sky!

3. Good capture. Why do you erase the registration, here in the UK it is common to leave it on display.

4. When I process the images, I check Flightaware.com to see if the owner has excluded his aircraft from public tracking. If so, I extend the courtesy of anonymity in my images.

5. Thank you for your info, I will look at this myself.

6. Gobae

Gobae

Dec 4, 2008
    Valley Falls, NY
    Interesting! Part of me is surprised they can do this, since they're using public airspace you'd think they'd "have no expectation of privacy".

7. Absolutely, in fact many well to do folks/celebrities have their aircraft held in trust so as to remain anonymous. For example, see here:
    N236MJ (2005 GULFSTREAM AEROSPACE GV-SP (G550) owned by BANK OF UTAH TRUSTEE) Aircraft Registration ✈ FlightAware

N236MJ is Michael Jordan's ride "owned" by the Bank of Utah. I know it's his plane, I have images of him and his wife boarding the aircraft at KUGN.

Edit: Couple pics here Michael's "ride".

8. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    That first officer does appear to be looking at you, trying to decide if you have a RPG or a lens.

9. The co-pooled is certainly giving you the once over. Nice images.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.