Enkhuizen Holland

As promised
From our trip to Holland, pictures from the town of Enkhuizen in the northern part of Holland.
Thanks for looking
Nico

8698896113_14888512d5_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Various ind og udland_27 04 13_3216_edited-1.jpg by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

8700000142_4a9911f76f_z.jpg

Various ind og udland_27 04 13_3243.JPG by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

8699972486_334a2ca6fa_z.jpg

Various ind og udland_27 04 13_3271 1.psd by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

8698926687_d9f41e69a7_z.jpg

Various ind og udland_27 04 13_3217_edited-1.jpg by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

8698872401_5da9248fbd_z.jpg

Various ind og udland_27 04 13_3257_edited-1.jpg by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

8700009992_8db1ce75d2_z.jpg

Various ind og udland_27 04 13_3235_edited-1.jpg by Nicolaas C M, on Flickr

Nice set. Shows the colorful, quaint town....pastoral yet close knit. Lovely waterways.

It surely is a beautifull smal town, there is water everywhere and no house is changed without aproval, they realy take care.
Thanks Karen
Nico

Wonderful set, my fave is the bikes lined up along the brick wall...! :cool:

I realy had a fun time taking that picture, a lady came a bit to early, and I had to ask politely to wait for a minute before stepping in the picture.
She was a bit disapointed, so I also took one with her in it :smile:
Thanks
Nico

I realy had a fun time taking that picture, a lady came a bit to early, and I had to ask politely to wait for a minute before stepping in the picture.
She was a bit disapointed, so I also took one with her in it :smile:
Thanks
Nico

That's the spirit, let her join in the fun...! :tongue:

I really like Holland. These peaceful, small villages make me wish to move and live there the rest of my life.
The colors are very nice. I´d desaturate the reds (tipically excessive in Nikon cameras) a bit, though...

I really like Holland. These peaceful, small villages make me wish to move and live there the rest of my life.
The colors are very nice. I´d desaturate the reds (tipically excessive in Nikon cameras) a bit, though...

Hi Rui
Yes I know what you mean, particulary this place is something special and in many parts of the town, it looks like time has stood still.
As for the reds, I mostly use RAW, but in the case of the bike,s I could not resist :smile:
Nico

Hi Rui
Yes I know what you mean, particulary this place is something special and in many parts of the town, it looks like time has stood still.
As for the reds, I mostly use RAW, but in the case of the bike,s I could not resist :smile:
Nico

The bikes are fine! Actually, I love that particulat image. I meant the roofs. I am always struggling against the same problem as "my" roofs often turn out oversaturated. I believe that it is something Nikon should fix.

The bikes are fine! Actually, I love that particulat image. I meant the roofs. I am always struggling against the same problem as "my" roofs often turn out oversaturated. I believe that it is something Nikon should fix.

Think I know what you mean, though in this particular set, I made sure not to set contrast to the pictures, and showed raw and not jpeg.
For me its the color of gras that gives a picture away, cauce in tact with brighter colors, the gras gets always greener on the other side :smile:

In general, I agree with you on Nikon, as pictures, especialy in sunshine tend to be a bit like you wrote, oversaturated even though I try to set my camera to -0.3
Thanks for your comments
Nico

Real Name
Philip Armitage
I can understand why :smile:
If I find the time, I will make another set for NC tomorrow, the town has defenitely caught my attention.
Nico

see if you can find the fish shop where I bought this, delicious by the way

110151742.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom