Enough Already -- I just want to learn

Real Name
Chris
Steve!

Come to Phoenix College to take your photography course (ART142 and 143 - beginning and intermediate digital photo to be exact.) My friend Jen Laffoon is teaching it this Fall, and it WILL be fun! Or take ART 290AC, the field trip class, where you get taken out to a bunch of locations, including 3 ghost towns!

Oh, and Jen is a Nikon user and FAN!

The differences between brands are too subtle for any major points to be made, especially when you get into the higher priced cameras.

I wounder what would've happened if you showed up whit a Leica M8?
Probably think your in the wrong class, :biggrin:.

Something I've noticed on this forum, there is very little Canon bashing. On some other forums I've been to, Canon users love to bash Nikon. Especially the D40, they make sure to let everyone know they won't AF non-motored lenses and not to buy one.

Maybe cause this forum is just full of nice people, :Love:.

Probably think your in the wrong class, :biggrin:.

Something I've noticed on this forum, there is very little Canon bashing. On some other forums I've been to, Canon users love to bash Nikon. Especially the D40, they make sure to let everyone know they won't AF non-motored lenses and not to buy one.

Maybe cause this forum is just full of nice people, :Love:.
I've come to hate Canon users for that reason.

Everytime I run into a friend of a friend that shoots with canon, they're constantly saying ohhh why nikon, ohhh canon is better, bla bla bla. It's REALLY annoying

I'm going to get a D300 and smash some faces with that magnesium alloy body....

I think we should find the local workshop that has mostly canon attendees and bring a Holga toy camera. Wouldnt that be a trip when the toy camera produces better results than the top canons...

You could really throw them off with a rail mounted 4x5. Walk in like conan, that thing tossed over your shoulder. Yeah.

or one of those older hand held 6x9s that look like a cigar case.

I'd just assume show up with a shirt that says

Nikons don't kill people, Canons kill people.

But then again, I would be happy to shoot either side if the bodies were cheap or free.

All things said and done, canon makes a pretty darn good camera.

Daniel

Certainly your classmates aren't very polite! The thought occurs to me that if they're all using Canons, just WHICH Canon bodies? Is it a class filled with people using a Digital Rebel? Maybe part of the problem here is that your D300 looks like a much more professional camera than any of the entry-level cameras in either Nikon or Canon systems. Jealousy might have been driving their comments....

I luv this topic! I shot Canon for...well I still own a couple, but I only shot Canon for 15 years. As said above, both systems are great systems and aside from the short term leap frogging in technology, the key differences, to me are ergonomics and durability, that's what drove me to buy an F5 in 2001. The F-mount is also huge for anyone who really wants to explore cheap, excellent quality MF lenses. It wasn't too long ago that the cries were endless that Nikon should dump the outdated mount. Fortunately, the wide gulf between the number of users has closed significantly in the last couple years and there are days I see more Nikons than Canons.
I actually don't run into too many situations where some jerk is preaching the Cult of Canon anymore, but when I do, as someone mentioned above, I give them the shocked looks and exclaim...'Canon makes cameras? Don't they make copiers?':tongue:
Persevere OP! Very few galleries note what camera brand the art was made with...and even fewer folks ask. You can get an Argus C3 on eBay for 30 bucks, buy one and bring that to class...:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any photo class that concentrates/emphasizes on brand is suspect in my eyes. That would be true if the tables were turned to (everyone had Nikon's except a few and they criticized the Canon owners).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom