Entering a contest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I couple of months ago, I upgraded my Proshow Gold for Proshow Producer. The upgrade cost me $200. Every month Photodex (Proshow manufacturer) has a contest with prize money. The theme for July was "Beat the Heat". I had some photos from our vacation last year that I thought I could work up into a show for the contest. It would be nice to recoup some of the cost of the software.

If any of you have 3 minutes, I would love suggestions on my entry. The deadline for entry is July 31.

Photodex requires you to download a small plug-in to view shows from their site. As far as I know, it doesn't work on a MAC. But if you have a PC I would highly recommend that you download it so you can view some of their wonderful sample shows. There are some wonderful photographers making shows with their software. I've been inspired by many of their spotlighted shows.

Here's the link to my show.....
    http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2852965&alb=0

I'm kind of foolish to also post a link to the following show because it will make mine look bad, this sample show is amazing.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/spotlight/demoshows_prophotosample.html
    Making these shows is as addicting as taking the photos!

If you don't want to download the plug-in, but would like to see the show, there is a copy on YouTube. But, the quality there is VERY poor. I had to put one on there for the owner of the song. It's what he wanted. It's interesting, because the version I uploaded to Photodex had a lot less MB. YouTube must really compress the shows.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sYa2WeGesg

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That was fantastic and fun Terri.
    Great sync pics to music..
    Good work.

I haven't watched the other one

3. Beautifully done, Terri. And the last shot is awesome!!

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Gale and David,
    Thank you for taking the time to watch the show. Glad you liked it. They take a lot of hours to do, but are so much fun!

5. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    I give you 1ST place , I like it, just spent what seems like hours putting simple slide show together. I was feeling good untill I saw yours. Good Job!!

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I bet yours is wonderful. Glad you liked this one. Chances are slim that I will win anything, but I had fun learning the software better.