1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Enterprising barber

Discussion in 'People' started by ccroy, Apr 15, 2007.

1. During my visit to the city of Kolkatta, one morning I started exploring the streets to see the city life around that hour. I found this enterprising barber very seriously engaged in his trade right on the street. His saloon is very interesting with one customer waiting and reading the morning news paper provided by him.

DSCN0752_W.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good shot
    He is taking advantage of natures broom...

3. Thanks Gale. Sure he was

4. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Is that a mirror on the concrete pole for his customers to check out their new 'Do'? And he also has someone waiting for his turn.

5. Ofcourse yes SJ. The one waiting for his turn was provided with a news paper so that he would not go away

6. This stuff is priceless! I'll bet he's one of the happiest fellows you'll meet... We all should be so lucky as to be able to drag some rusty chair out onto the sidewalk, tie a broken mirror to a light pole and make a living.

God bless him and you for bringing us this slice of life from a "backward" nation.

7. See the enterprise of the man Woody. Making the best out of what is available to him. India as a nation can no longer be called "backward". It is a young democracy with a fast developing economy. It has problems like poverty, illiteracy, homelessness etc., ilke any developing economy or a developed economy. When the current developed countries are still grappling with issues like poverty and homelessness even after two centuries, this young democracy can be expected to sort out these important basic isuues in the years to come balancing the economic growth and human development.

8. That's precisely why I put the word in quotes. I think most people in the US consider India to be backward... we have misplaced values, not them.

9. Yes Woody. Perceptions can differ.

10. dweikum

dweikum

Apr 15, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    Cool shot...would have been perfect with just a little more movement on the taxi...JMHO.

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A very nice image. How much is a haircut over there ?

Regards

RFC

12. Yes I agree with you Duane but my priority was to catch him in his trade quickly. Had he looked into the camera the shot would have been spoiled.

13. Thanks Robert. The haircut would cost about 25c. Do you think it is costly for the setting?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.