Eposure manager reviews

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr2monster, Jul 29, 2007.

1. mr2monster

mr2monster

Jun 29, 2007
    Arizona
    How many of you use Exposure manager? And of those people, how many make a pretty good return on it?

I'm thinking about making the plunge, but i want to hear user reviews to see if it's worth the money.

Sorry if this doesn't go here....

2. I am very happy.
    They take care of all the busy work which for me is well worth the 10% they charge.
    The site, while a little tricky to learn, is very flexible. I like that you can customize the display to make it look like an extension of your home site.
    My customers who I've talked to have been extremely pleased with the quality of the prints.
    They ship lightning fast.
    They've taken care of the two problems I've had with customers without question and without delay. BTW: Both problems were from shipping and not product quality.
    Customer service is fast and thorough. They are also very patient with all the stupid questions they get asked.

They give you a free trial period, what do you have to loose other than the time and effort it will take to learn the system?

Don

3. mr2monster

mr2monster

Jun 29, 2007
    Arizona
    That's kind of what I was thinking. My main question (and i guess it's relative) is do you sell enough prints from that site to pay for the yearly membership and put some change into your pocket?

I know it's subjective to a marketing plan, but have you experienced any wary customers that didn't feel comfortable buying online, etc?

4. My first check from them was $975, so I'm ahead - YMMV

I haven't had anyone mention not liking online and anyway, it doesn't matter 'cause that's the only way I'm doing my business.
    Mailing out paper proofs is out of the question.

Don

5. mr2monster

mr2monster

Jun 29, 2007
    Arizona
    I'm assuming you're shooting events and weddings and such correct?

I really appreciate the help btw.

6. Yes, I use them for events.

Don

7. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    I use them as well. So far very food.

The sire development is not as intuitive as I would like, but it is usable after you figure it out.

The print quality is quite good.

For $100 it's hard to go wrong and as Don said, there is a free trial period....

8. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    I shot four softball games and had the league dump a little link on their site that pointed to my Exposure Manager site. They get traffic and I get sales.

I am up $200 on the softball games alone....so I covered the first year cost anyway :)

9. I use them and have been pleased. The print quality is superb, my clients (daughter's teammates Moms) have been very happy. I've used them for special portfolio pictures at my cost (versus, say, Koday Gallery from PhotoShop) despite the higher price.

I sold >$600 worth of pics this past Spring, and that's at bargain rates.

Haven't run across anyone wary of purchasing online. I do try to make it clearer to people that they can 'carry' their shopping cart across multiple albums, to save them some shipping costs; many have purchased on an album-by-album basis and get charged for shipping for each purchase.

10. Pesto126

Pesto126

Apr 13, 2006
    Northeast USA
    interesting idea.. I had not heard of them before. I do this all "manually" on my own webserver and then use ROES to order prints after my clients have reviewed their proofs online via my website. I use Lightroom and a custom gallery to create a unique gallery for each client/shoot. The clients then email me a list of photos they would like to order and I do the final retouch and then use Roes to print them via WHCC.com.

How would you use this system to do the final retouch before purchase? If the client is ordering directly, when does the final photos get uploaded for printing? Thx!

11. You have a lot of options. You can put retouched images up initially, and clients can order w/out your intervention. However, my workflow has been substantially improved:

1. I take 500+ shots per game
    2. I edit down to ~100 "keepers"
    3. I do very cursory straightening, cropping, cleanup
    4. I post on EM
    5. Clients order prints, maybe <20 out of the 100
    6. I get notified by EM
    7. I go back and do a much better job PP, to the print size requested
    8. I upload image to EM
    9. If someone else orders the same image/size, EM fulfills w/ #8 above
    10. I save a lot of time not doing fastidious PP for 100 images

There are also other options, i.e. make an electronic download available for purchase.

12. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    The way it works is you upload low resolution "display only" images. Heck I quit messing with perfect crops, exposure, etc...i just get it close and send it. I can dump all kinds out there....amazing what proud parents will buy that I would have never thought to post...but hey...their kid.

When someone orders a shot you get an e-mail telling you you have an order and which shots were selected and what sizes (8x10, 5x7, etc)

Go back on your computer, find the shots, do a detailed PP and upload the tweaked and perfect full resolution to EM...they print & send to the customer.

Simple as pie and why I like it.....I need to keep it stone dead simple and this works.

EDIT....Uhhhmmm what Chris said above me :)