epson 3000

the printer prints a 12x8 & A4 print ok but when i change size to 10x8 it drops black ink on the print,any ideas what causes this .Thanks.

Can you post a scan or photo of the problem and also indicate the print direction of travel?

After printing a second print the inkdrops have disappeared,i've attached a photo just showing print direction and where the ink deposits were,although the deposits were not as heavy as in this sample,hope that makes sense.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Can only suggest possibilities:

1. Head strike on leading edge - can sometimes happen on trailing edge as well
Maybe due to
2. Paper curl leading to head strike
3. Ink build up on print head
4. Check platen gap correct for paper type

Edit: anything like this - note this direction of travel left to right
Redirect Notice

Last edited:
Thanks Tony, looked at your redirect notice,it was not like that,it was a heavy spot of ink which the print head spread it a little,when the print was finished i could pick it up hold it vertical and the ink would run slightly,as i said when i run off a second print it seamed to clear itself i will just have to keep an eye on it.

Is it possible that you had done a head clean or nozzle check before printing? If so it may account for ink build up?

Of course it may have just been a one off that will not happen again. Still I would keep an eye on it and maybe consider running a quick print in draft mode prior to undertaking an important print in high quality mode on expensive paper.

I seem to remember that my 3000 did it intermittently for a while. Then it became a permanent condition. Doing a black ink change would trigger it in my case. The P600 was the fix.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom