epson 3880 150c error

after getting a 150c error at least once a week on my new 3880 i finally called them.

i was clearing it by unplugging the printer.

i had a great tech on the phone. she said she has seen this error quite a few times and there was no point going further with the suggested trouble shooting diagnostics.

they are over nighting another printer and a complete set of ink cartridges .

i was just falling below 1/2 on my origonals and as a bonus they said keep the old ones.

hats off to their fine service.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wish it was that fast , got the replacement. the front was all scratched and the drop down door was broken off.

another one going out monday.

something tells me this is not going to be easy.

i saw on some forums some of these units have more than 10,000 prints on them already.

Got the 2nd replacement today. It arrived okay and seems to be working fine.

It has about 900 prints on it so at least it is not in the thousands. Mine had 90 on it but if all works out i have 1k in free ink and a 250 buck rebate so the printer is free.

Guess that covers my co-pay for a sore back moving 3 printers.

CORRECTION , I found 2 little springs in the paper tray and the auto feeder won't p/u the paper with out a push with my hand.

I will call again later.

well just sent back the 3rd printer and epson finally gave us a brand new printer after my wife called them .

the printer came today and everything appears perfect so far.

about 2 weeks but thinking it was a glitch and something i caused trying to configure two printers at the time i unplugged it and it went away.

it came back about 4 weeks later. by that time epsons policy is after 30 days you get only refurbished.

Yeah it sucked moving 4 of these things.

I think the worst part was giving up a niice clean new printer and getting back a printer that could have thousands of prints . They all had scratches and shipping damage as well.

On the plus side each printer had 450.00 bucks in new ink.

So if you get a working model you are well compensated assuming you need ink.

just to add insult to injury when i woke up this morning i found the little magnet latch that holds the door closed fell off during the night.

ha ha ha to funny .

whats not funny is epsons quality control . for a modern day manufacturer my experience is it leaves much to be desired.

i crazy glued it back and i hope it stays put .

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom