Epson or Canon Printer

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by paulvanharte, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I did some searching on the forum and just want some input. I have an Epson Stylus Photo R200, which I seem to have some issues with getting pics to print correctly( hit and miss).
    I am looking at the the Epson 1900 and Canon Pixma 9000. The Canon here in Canada has $100 mail in rebate, it would cost me $399( Canadian). The Epson is more expensive. Any opinions on Canon printers, compared to Epson( Ink usage, ease of operation etc etc)

Thanks Paul

2. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Expect to get as many opinions as you get answers. I own 3 printers today:

Epson R2400
    Epson R800
    Canon i9900

The Epson R2400 produces the best image; the Epson R800 prints well on a printable DVD or CD; that is why I bought it; the Canon has been more dependable and free from clogs - the ink cartridges also last longer, and its image quality is very good.

My next printer will be Canon because my use is so sporadic, it may be 1-2 months between uses. The Canon does well for sporadic use; the Epsons do not, even when powered down for a couple months. I plan to dump both Epson printers in the near future just for that reason. As we speak, the Epson R2400 needs the print head cleaned before I can use it. Unless I don't want 3 of the 8 colors to show...

Fire up the Canon a couple months after the last use and it performs as though you printed with it yesterday.

3. That is a great price for the PIXMA 9000!

I have been using its predecessor PIXMA i9900 since some time now and I love it! Like John stated above, very reliable and never, ever any clogging.
    I use custom made profiles for it and the images are absolutely gorgeous.

If I would need to change, I would take the PIXMA 9000 in a heartbeat.

4. Thanks guys for the replies

Paul