1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Epson P-5000

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by willcontest, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Does anyone have any insight into why Epson discontinued the P-5000? I can't find any info on Epson's website. Do you know whether it intends to offer any new product? What's someone to do if you want to buy something to compete?

2. tomb18

tomb18

Sep 28, 2007
    Montreal
    Get a P3000, a 80G fujitsu drive and swap it. Voila...instant P5000

3. Here is a link today: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=63061068&ref=r0302EFb3T&s_kwcid=epson%20p%205000|1147392990&gclid=CLLMkdfMrJQCFSaiiQodAFXSzg

I use both a P-5000 and a P-3000. I prefer the P-5000, but the real difference is size of the hard drive. The travel kit is not just good, but excellent. The stand is great for slide shows as it raises the units off the base so that you can hear sound. I recommend buying the unit, travel kit and an extra battery.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2008
  4. Thanks guys. Interesting that Epson is not reporting on its website that the p-5000 has been discontinued, though it has notified its retailers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.