Epson R800 trouble

My dad bought an R800 probably a year ago for us to make prints at home. It has NEVER worked. We have spent way too much on inks which have just been wasted on useless cleaning cycles anc such. I am using the epson profiles for the printer/paper(am using epson paper) and I always get some major green/red/I dont know color cast. I have done soo many of the cleaning cycles from the epson utility and they never help. I am really getting pissed off, Epson is no help.Anyone else have this experience and maybe have a solution?

Im not sure what you mean by how I've set it up, so that could be my problem ;) I am using the epson profiles direct from their site for the R800 with the premium glossy paper which I am using. I used to print from photoshop but just started using Lightroom.

Im not sure what you mean by how I've set it up, so that could be my problem ;) I am using the epson profiles direct from their site for the R800 with the premium glossy paper which I am using. I used to print from photoshop but just started using Lightroom.

You will need to set up a properly managed system to work effectively fro PS or LR.
What OS are you using?
Is your monitor calibrated and what type is ir?

J

JeepTJ

My dad bought an R800 probably a year ago for us to make prints at home. It has NEVER worked. We have spent way too much on inks which have just been wasted on useless cleaning cycles anc such. I am using the epson profiles for the printer/paper(am using epson paper) and I always get some major green/red/I dont know color cast. I have done soo many of the cleaning cycles from the epson utility and they never help. I am really getting pissed off, Epson is no help.Anyone else have this experience and maybe have a solution?

Normally I use color managed printing (i.e. Color Management button selected, ICM profile set to off, appropriate profile for paper chosen in Photoshop), and get pretty reliable results with Photoshop CS and PSE.

Sometimes there seems to be images it just doesn't get right, though, and for those I usually punt and print with the Epson driver doing 'Color Controls', and the 'Epson Standard' color mode and it seems to do a better job with those problem images.

One thing I have noticed is that if I don't double-check to make sure the gamma is set to 2.2 (I'm on Windows), otherwise the images do tend to be dark and muddy.

I'm assuming you're using the Epson papers? I know the pigment based inks the R800, R1800, etc. use are quite a bit more restrictive on the papers used.

Hope this helps!

Latest threads

Top Bottom