Epson SureColor P800 Deal - $845

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Several retailers are offering $350 in mail-in rebates on this printer until Nov 30. That makes the price for this 17-inch wide format printer only $845 vs the normal retail price of $1,195. I've seen this deal on B&H Photo, PictureLine and Hunt's Photo and Video. There are probably other similar retailers offering the same deal.

I bought one on Black Friday replacing an old HP B8100. Anyone have a good make and source for large (11x14 or 13x19) paper? I was an HP user for so long I have never bought any other photo paper. This wil be the first non-HP printer I have ever owned.

Kevin,
I have the Epson R3000 and use only Epson paper. I really like the look and feel of Epson's Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster. Of course YMMV.

Cabin

Thanks Cabin - I picked up some Ilford today (used to use that in the darkroom several centuries ago)... and I ordered a sample pack from Red River. I also bought a sample pack of Epson paper so will see if that (what you suggest) is in it. My goal is to have prints that are worthy to sell to my clients. 30+ years at HP in support taught me that for absolute best results, use the same printer mfr.'s ink and paper for best results. But, I never bought an Epson printer either...

Also, I had a B9180 - no idea where 8100 came from.

So mine was supposed to show up yesterday and I received 2 emails from UPS telling me the time (4:00-7:00) they would deliver it. So, having been out on my date-day I got home at 2:30 only to find UPS was there at 1:50. So, I call them....

Me: You said between 4-7 why before 2?
UPS: We can never tell you a time.
Me: But you sent me 2 emails without me asking.
UPS: Oh, those don't mean a thing. But, if you want we can schedule a delivery for 4-7 tomorrow.
Me: But that means you can come any time during the day - right.
UPS: Yes.

Hmmmmmm... is it me? I drove to their pickup and received it last night...

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I bought one too as a replacement for my Epson 2200. Can't wait to set it up and try it out.
I set mine up tonight and made my first couple of prints. One thing noticeable right off the bat was how quiet it was compared to the old Epson 2200. It also isn't much heavier, which was also surprising since this can print a 17-inch wide print vs a 13-inch wide print from the Epson 2200.

Now I have to find a new home for the 2200. Anyone in the Baltimore / DC area need a good Epson 2200 photo printer for a good deal? It comes with lots of new ink cartridges. Make me an offer!

I bought one as well to replace my Epson 2200. Got the $300 rebate, but missed out on the extra $50 rebate because I bought mine a week too soon. Much quieter printing than the 2200. Not really that much larger of a footprint either. Prints look sweet.

Latest threads

Top Bottom