Epson V500

Looking for a cheap, but good enough scanner-8x10s max from 35mm slides or negatives. Does anyone have any experience with this model? Thanks.

I have been using it for my 6x6 and 6x7 negs and transparencies. I like it, I use the VueScan software, I think it is a better interface than the EPSON software that comes with the machine. I have also used it with 35mm, but since I already had a dedicated film scanner for 35mm, I haven't used it too often for 35mm. It does a good job with 35, but I prefer the other scanner for 35.

Yes, and this has been discussed many times on this forum.:smile: The best thing to do is click on the search button and enter V500. You'll find all the info and samples that you need. All of my recent stuff has been scanned on a V500.

Yes, and this has been discussed many times on this forum.:smile: The best thing to do is click on the search button and enter V500. You'll find all the info and samples that you need. All of my recent stuff has been scanned on a V500.

Thanks Ray, read quite a few threads before asking but my search fu was not strong. Are you happy with the scanner? It seems to do good work.:smile:

Yes, I'm happy with both it and the Epson software. Additionally, it uses an led light source so it stays cool and starts fast. By staying cool it reduces the outgassing from internal plastics which will help prevent future discoloration of the glass.

Due to Ray's strong recommendations, I have just bought a V500 so I can scan my medium format stuff. Impressive scanner, but I run mine with VueScan software.

Latest threads

Top Bottom