Equipment storage / Office organization

My office is starting to look trashy. Between the camera gear strug out everywhere along with personal stuff (finance documents, filing, etc). Question is, do any of you have a setup to store camera equipment at home? Also any type of organizational tools, shelving, etc that would help de-clutter an office.

Seems I will store all my gear in my bag and into a closet. Next thing you know I want to tinker with it and drag it out. Would be nice to have something (shelving) built where I could place this. However I like my gear as close to the floor as possible to prevent falling and damage.

Hopefully this does not sound crazy, but I have really been brainstorming about this lately and want to really organize my office to be more efficient.

My office is starting to look trashy. Between the camera gear strug out everywhere along with personal stuff (finance documents, filing, etc). Question is, do any of you have a setup to store camera equipment at home? Also any type of organizational tools, shelving, etc that would help de-clutter an office.

Seems I will store all my gear in my bag and into a closet. Next thing you know I want to tinker with it and drag it out. Would be nice to have something (shelving) built where I could place this. However I like my gear as close to the floor as possible to prevent falling and damage.

Hopefully this does not sound crazy, but I have really been brainstorming about this lately and want to really organize my office to be more efficient.

Matt,

I purchased some cube shelving units from Home Depot which I keep against the wall in a walk-in closet. Next to those, I bought some plastic bins that have trays that pull out.

I use the cube shelving to store my cameras, lenses, flash units, etc. I use the plastic bins to store my smaller accessories.

I also have too many camera bags! But, I keep a camera and some lenses stored in a camera backpack as well.

I accumulated enough gear now where it is a challenge to stay organized. Too often, I have components sitting out because I am using them so often. But, I need to take a few minutes and get everything back on the shelves again soon.

Glenn

I have a nice stand-alone cabinet that I keep everything in - well almost everything. I have 2 pelicans that I use. I keep all my lighting stuff in 1 and the other holds my D700, lenses, and other things I use for that body. I have before and after shots of my cabinet - I recently cleaned and organized. I'll try to find them and post them.

We have finished basement with 5 rooms, one of them is where I put all my stuff, mostly photo gear.
We moved there a year ago and I still have everything scattered on the floor.
I've been meaning to go to Sams / Home depot and get some large storage shelves to orgainze everything.

Steve

For gear used regularly I have two ThinkTank bags and a Peli Case, all leaning against a bookcase on the floor. For long term storage I have another large ThinkTank bag in a cupboard together with original boxes etc.

Everything is stored in my crumpler 8MDH, but would like to a storage cabinet. I just need to convene my wife that we don't NEEDa fridge...#smallplacekeepsgettingsmaller

I have some built-in bookshelves in my office. I keep my lenses, flashes and cameras on the shelves in plain sight. Cameras and lenses are organized by system (DSLR, mirrorless, P&S). One shelf is dedicated to chargers and cords which I finally labelled with a Brother P-Touch. I have a couple of unused file-cabinet type drawers and put tupperware containers in them to hold the smaller items like filters, camera plates, adapters, etc. My bags and tripods go in cabinets.

I generally grab a bag appropriate for the occasion, then select stuff from each shelf systematically, particularly important before a vacation where I anticipate a lot of photo opportunities. I grab a camera body or bodies, the necessary chargers and spare batteries, the lenses, then the accessories. It works better than my old system of keeping everything in camera bags and random drawers!

This is what I need. My gear is in various places and I need to get it organized so that I know where everything is. I'm in the process of spring cleaning/de-cluttering, and I'm going to make having a place for my gear a priority.

I also have too many camera bags. I have some that are brand new, never used. I think I need to move my butt and get some of this stuff up for sale so that someone who could use it would benefit.

Carole

I have a dedicated shelf for my camera items. The items I don't really use are in plastic bins on the shelf. My second camera bag is also on the shelf.

My main items are in my camera back pack which is always ready to go. That moves around the house depending on what I am doing but when I am done I put everything back.

Getting some really great options here everyone. Thank you for your input. I have a Closetmaid shelf in here now, with other various things. I may get a couple more for camera gear and also label accordingly. Thanks everyone.

I have my office, where I store all my computer/camera gear. It's my space, and I'm lucky my wife let's me have it. In the closet, I have a 4-shelf cabinet where I store the items I don't use regularly, and lenses I am not currently taking. I line them up neatly in an organized manner, because I'm OCD! :tongue: I store all my lighting/"studio" equipment in a rolling scuba bag on the bottom shelf. Bags/backpacks I just throw on the floor of the closet for now. I just moved into this smaller room from my larger one because our kids needed bigger rooms, so I got the tiny room. The gear I use regularly, I just store by my desk in my TTR10, ready to grab.

Latest threads

Top Bottom