Erin Marie "The Rock Goddess" - Lingerie NSFW links

Although I've been shooting mostly portraits and headshots, I still enjoy the glamour genre.

Model: Erin Marie
MUA: Kay Castro

Nikon D3, Nikkor 24-70G ED-IF AF-S N
ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/160 @ 70mm
Image 1

Image 2

And now for some high key with a little aperture and a whole bunch of light:
ISO 200, f/13, 1/160 @ 60mm
Image 3

Comments appreciated as always...

excellent imagery
i appreciate the EXIF data very much
you are showing what the D3 can do in the studio..... wonderful work, as usual

it's nice of you to share these with us

Nice, crisp photos - but I see no "rock" in this run-of-the-mill goddess. Very pretty, though :)

Excellent images of a pretty girl, but I have to agree with Stacey. Excepting for the first image where Erin "worked it" a bit, I don't think she is on par with your talent level as a photographer.

Only thing I say is WOW
Thanks Wayne. That's just about the same reaction I had :wink:
Real nice! Great to see these types of images coming out of the D3 in the studio using ISO 200. Very encouraging.
Thanks Anthony. I keep hearing the same thing about the D3 in the studio. I've never really had an issue since switching from the D200... Is there a 'known' issue with the body?
yowzers!!!!!!
:biggrin: Thanks Brad.
;) nice shots.
Thanks.
excellent imagery
i appreciate the EXIF data very much
you are showing what the D3 can do in the studio..... wonderful work, as usual

it's nice of you to share these with us
I try to leave the EXIF intact, but adding the text to the post makes it easier.
I certainly have zero buyers remorse from my purchase. I :Love: my D3.
Wow!! Nice shots, great lighting and everything!
Thanks Jordan. I've been trying to branch out from my single light and reflector more lately. Careful control is necessary, but I can see how using more than one light has benefits.
Unreal! That first one's captivating.
Thanks Joe. The model and MUA both have added it to their portfolios. IMHO that is the measure of a fine image.
Nice, crisp photos - but I see no "rock" in this run-of-the-mill goddess. Very pretty, though :)
Thanks Stacey. The 'rock goddess' is Erin's moniker. She is a singer, fitness model, and glamour girl. If you see her in person, she is 'hard as a rock'...
Excellent images of a pretty girl, but I have to agree with Stacey. Excepting for the first image where Erin "worked it" a bit, I don't think she is on par with your talent level as a photographer.
Thanks Fred. I think we had a great collaboration creating these. The final images couldn't be made without either party. In the words of Navin Johnson (Steve Martin, 'The Jerk'), "I'm just happy to be in there somewhere"
Nice images.
Thanks Kayne.
nice clean work :)
Thanks Dr. Drew.

Thanks Anthony. I keep hearing the same thing about the D3 in the studio. I've never really had an issue since switching from the D200... Is there a 'known' issue with the body?

No, no known issue that I know of. I am just going off of several members here who didn't seem to be getting the same kind of images in the studio. Mainly Stuart, but there were others. Just thought there were some concerns about ISO 200. I haven't had any personal concerns, but then I am new to the studio environment and haven't produced the results of you or Stu. So, your pictures have gone a long way in to alleviating my concerns about the D3 and making me think I needed a used D2X(s) for my studio work.

Superb images as always. I felt the "rock" from the title as soon as I opened the first image.:Love:

Although I've been shooting mostly portraits and headshots, I still enjoy the glamour genre.
I would be VERY worried the day you stop enjoying making these kinds of images :tongue:

Man, I gotta get on ModelMayhem...

Excellent shots. I really like them all.
Thanks Brad.
Superb images as always. I felt the "rock" from the title as soon as I opened the first image.:Love:

I would be VERY worried the day you stop enjoying making these kinds of images :tongue:

Man, I gotta get on ModelMayhem...
Thanks Flavio.

Be prepared for ample amounts of frustration with some of the 'models' on MM. You must wade through many oysters before finding the pearls...
Wow...absolutely beautiful work.
Thanks Seneca!
Very nice work. What was your lighting set up?
Thanks James.

The lighting on the bed shots was a Norman ML-600R with a 3'x4' Photoflex Multi-dome softbox with egg-crate grille. The kicker was a Hensel Integra Pro Plus 500 with 16"x48" strip box. The key was camera left about 6' high and 4' from the model. The kicker was camera right behind the model. Main was metered for the exposure and the kicker was about 1/2 to a full stop down.

The white bg was shot with two strip lights on the BG metered for f/16. The key was another Hensel Integra Pro Plus 500 with a 7" medium reflector covered with two sheets of white rip stop as a diffuser. The side light is the Norman & 3x4 softbox. Key was metered for f/11 and the side light @ f/8. Shot at f/13 and brightened slightly in post to bring the whites back into line.

Hope that helps...

Here's another from the bed series. A little more soft and subdued...

Image 4

Latest threads

Top Bottom