Err Repair

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by dbirdsong, Nov 16, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Well I got my D70 back today after 2 weeks in the shop, $225 later!
    While not happy about having to pay for the repair since others have had theirs fixed for free because they had been in the shop of the GBOLD problem.
    I tried reasoning with them if they were fixing for free because the camera had been in there for GBOLD, they should fix mine also for free. I believe that if it wasn't related to it then why are they fixing it for others after they had theirs in for GBOLD and the Err error developed at a later date then it must have been related in some way. If so why am I paying for my repair?
    Well that didn't work :mad:
    They did say that if I could provide them some service order numbers of others they would consider refunding me my money.
    Is there anyone that has had their D70 repaired for free after getting the Err error that would be willing share that info with me?
    It is nice to have it back. Now I just have to wait a few weeks to sell one of my D70's and get a D200. (unless I find a killer deal for a D2H first, but I am not 100% sold on going with a D2H over the D200)
    Dave

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I believe one of our members has a D2H for sale......you might do a search, it was only a few days ago I saw it mentioned in a thread.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I was close to buying Jonathan's but he sold it already. There is one other one listed, but it is more than a D200 would be, and at that point I will just wait for a D200.

4. Hold out for the D200 Dave. Or, why wait, buy a D2X now. :)

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I would love a D2X Scott... but I didn't win the Mega Millions last night so that won't be happening anytime soon :mad:

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I'm getting the 18-200VR first, then the D200, and I have a buyer already for my D70 and 24-120VR combo.

7. Send me an e-mail or PM and I'll send you my service number. Just got mine back today. It went in for the GBLOD in April and for the ERR just last week. I sent them a copy of the service repair order for the GBLOG and they considered it a re-repair. Oddly enough, this time they replaced the aperture control. Regardless, they did it for free. I'm at work now and don't have the repair number with me. Send me a note to remind me and I'll send you both service repair orders for my camera. Are you dealing with Melville or Torrence? Is your D70 an early build unit? Mine is and I mentioned that in my letter to them.

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Email sent...
    Thanks

9. Did you get my note?

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Yes I did, thank you very much. Now all I have to do is get some time to call... Busy time of year for me...