ES-2 digitizer

Ordered late Thursday afternoon from B&H and Fed EX delivered to Chicago burb Saturday afternoon.

I have collected some Nikon F2 cameras in very nice user condition plus silver and black prisms and two of the AS meter heads. These have SBC cells and are better than older Cds ones.

I wanted to scan some negs and struggled with a copy stand and lights , one side glass neg carrier from an enlarger and trying to get them in alignment . D800e did work and I got nice scans, but a pain.

The ES 2 digitizer is a pleasure. Clip on the front of lens. put the neg or slide in appropriate carrier and expose. Flash TTL or A mode work well.
Focus is extremely critical and you need a sharp neg.

The scans are 240 pixels per inch and D800e makes a print 24x36.

The scans are way better than my Minolta 5400 for which my software no longer works. New is expensive and more difficult and if the old scanner breaks, it can not be serviced and I am out hundreds for scanner specific software.

I advise buying if you have a good digital camera and 60 2.8 Micro or are willing to purchase. DX will not copy entire frame.

Last edited:
I am using an ES-1 with either D750 or, more recently, Z6 and 60mm f2.8 with FTZ adaptor.

I have a large number of 35mm slides to scan (no negs) and with the Z6 and a constant lighting source it is possible to see the end result before the shutter is activated. I have found that using Flat or Neutral PC helps.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DG

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom