Eurasian Wigeon near Seattle, Wa

Discussion in 'Birds' started by RonS, Mar 30, 2007.

1. While shooting a few birds at Medina Park (Bellevue, Wa) on a rare sunny Seattle day, one of Medina's finest approached me.

Turns out he spotted what appears to be a rather rare Eurasian Wigeon and thought I would be interested as well. He was quite familiar with birds (feathered kind) and requested a picture or two. All he had was a little P&S with him.

OK, they are rare around here anyway. Even according to Sibley.

Family portrait, cousins.

We could not figure out if this was an American or Eurasian female.

There were a few Ring-necks there also.

Thanks for looking.
  2. Nice pics Ron. One of those rare sunshine days we've had of late.

Did you see the Japanese Garden post from Doug Dietiker (ddietiker)? We're booked for the 4/30 session if you're interested.
  3. Thanks Peter.

I did see the post. Thanks for the reminder. Too early to tell by my schedule if I am available but it sounds like fun.
  4. WOW! Those are really beautiful wigeons! I haven't even heard of them! Thanks for sharing!
  5. Hey Ron, these are nice captures, good going. Are there chicks yet in the GBH nests?

6. Hi Louie.

No chicks that I can tell. The nesting birds were really quiet, I don't think either moved while I was there. No other parent flew in to spell the nesting one either. Must not have any eggs yet.

I am going to get more shots of the Eurasian Wigeon now that I know what they look like.