European Photo Rendez Vous!

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Panos Kazanelis, Jul 30, 2005.

1. As Hans suggested in his post, lets organize a European Photo Get Together so we can meet with eachother, exchange views, styles, cameras and lenses!!! ;-)

We could also invite a pro-photog as a special guest and tutor. Of course, Europe will be just the location and NOT the origin pre-requisite.
    ALL members and fellow photogs can jump onto our wagon.

In order to do that, we should first see how many of us are interested AND available for such a "conference". Then we need to find/select the location and time.
    It can be a winter or spring session (or even summer) as long as we all agree.

According to the location we could also book a whole Hotel/Motel/Challet...

FEEL FREE TO GIVE US YOUR STANDPOINT, ALONG WITH YOUR GEOGRAPHICAL DETAILS AND AVAILABILITY...

Please, fill in the following details and PM them to me.
    (select, copy and paste in the PM's text box)
    Full name :
    Nickname :
    Preferred location :
    Location brief description :
    Preferred time of the year :

Contact details
    e-mail :
    Phone :

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Paul,

Next spring is spoken for, for me, but how about SW England in the Fall of 2006? I really want to get to that part of the British Isles.

Rich

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Riki

Riki

May 7, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    I would love to join such a venture. I live in Poland, but can come anywhere the group decides. Anytime is Ok for me, pref weekends.

6. Great idea!

Here are my Details:

I live in a small Town in Bavaria/Germany!

Many interesting sites all around, for example Schloss Neuschwanstein, Munich, Bodensee.

Weekends preferable!

Location in the middle of Europe would be good, to keep distances down for everyone!

Looking forward to it!

7. Of course everybody wants to travel as little as possible, and so do I, but somehow I sympathize with Rich's suggestion, so what about Cornwall. By this we might also get Bob (the Spiderman) onto the boat whose migratory abilities are a bit limited.
    The only problem I see in England is weather stability :lol: but you can have bad luck anywhere.

Anyway, I definitely want to experience the sense of humour of some members displayed in nature.

cheers
    Harry

8. A bit limited!! Cheeky devil. I might tell you that I have actually crossed over the Tamar bridge into Devon Now, that is really travelling for a Cornishman.
    I think that it would be an excellent idea. Me thinks that mainland Europe would be an excellent venue. How about somewhere in the Loire or Dordogne area. Both Tours and Bergerac have airports that I think are served by cheap flight carriers. I could well get a deal in the Loire at Chenonceaux at friends hotel and of course there are the Chateaux and the incredible dragonflies etc.
    Keep me posted as to what this thread brings in the way of a response.

BW. Bob F.

9. Well, you know where the comment came from :lol: :lol:

The Loire Chateaus are an intriguing thought, but you forgot to mention that photographers in France have to get an insurance for wild boar encounters.

Best wishes

10. Scot... beam them up... :lol:

11. MaCo

MaCo

Jun 23, 2005
    Netherlands
    I think it is a good idea to come together.

My location is a small village near Amsterdam on the coast of Holland. Interesting sites overhere are the dunes, the coast, Amsterdam and several other old cities, tulip fields in Spring...

I prefer also the weekends but I guess I need to take friday/monday off to allow for travel.

Anywhere in the middle of Europe is fine by me. I think Southern Germany is most ideal. Maybe Karlsruhe, Baden-Baden, Schwaebisch Hall or Munich (just to name a few towns)?