European rendez vous? Response please

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by hans, Jul 30, 2005.

1. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    When ? Where ? Who'll join?

This Winter,next spring,next summer ?
    England,France,Scandinavia,Belgium,Germany or The Netherlands ?

Micheal Schuster responded to a get together elsewhere and suggested a EU get together,so here a thread to see if there is any interest.

If so there will be a follow up

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Hey, that's a great idea and I can give a hand... especially for good weather... but it's far away from all of you :-(

What we need though is a centralized meeting place that will be suitable for all! So, I guess Belgium or even Germany would be nice. Most of you will drive their :-D

Lets out an announcment and then call all EuroPhotogs to give their 2 euro-cents ;-)

4. I've sent you my details. We'll be in Italy (Rome & Tuscany) the second and third weeks of May next Spring. This is a teriffic idea.

Rich

5. digitalfrog

digitalfrog Guest

Could be nice...
    Great initiative.
    Ralph

6. jamesjoyce

jamesjoyce

May 2, 2005
    Belgium
    I'm always interested in meeting people I don't know and learning how they shoot :D Count me in!

@panos: I don't mind Greece, Cyprus or Crete... In fact Greece and Crete was my first holiday and I'll never forget it. Unfortunately Crete is more and more becoming like the Spanish coast :?

P.S.: one of these days (read years) I'll make it to the US...

7. Rudy, never too late...

Greece would be nice, but Belgium, Netherlands, Germany is more centralized and convenient for most people...

On the other hand, anyone should feel free to visit me at Cyprus or in Greece that I will be from the 12th Aug to 5th Sep
    "riding" the mountains and "taming" the white water rivers of Epirus!!!
    Epirus.

8. Oh my goodness! It is 5 years now that I have been to this place. I was criss-crossing between Igoumenitsa and Ioannina and north of it for 2 weeks. I would dearly like to do this trip again but this time with my camera. I had perfect weather on Kathara (spelling?) pass which doesn't happen too often as I've been told, then Vikos gorge and the springs of Acherontas (aka Nikon laundry), the deserted beaches near Preveza (at least in May), the matchless food - I'm getting seriously nostalgic.

Anyway, I would appreciate such a meating (no matter where), although I'm afraid it would be more about eating, drinking and talking, and less about shooting :lol: , but that's o.k. with me.

The most central place in Europe is, of course, Austria, but from statistics of member provenance it's probably Germany.

Cheers

9. Hey Harry, I think it's how we "met"... talking about "bathing" our Nikons into Acherondas river...
    We were SO LUCKY that this is one of the cleanest, coldest and carbonic sodium(???) free and calcium(???)free rivers in the whole world...

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

10. caero

caero Guest

Greece is very nice. I have been there a couple of times myself (although mainly on historic trips).

If you want something that is near the opposite of Greece then come to Denmark. Mark means field in danish, and that is basically what the country is. It's one big flat field with some marshes and forrests.

So if you're a bird photographer there is a lot going on here. The most notable is the migration phenomenon of the Sturnus vulgaris (no idea what it is called in english), in the southern marshes. Over 1 million birds dance in in the air to avoid predators while waiting to migrate to warmer countries.

[​IMG]