1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Evan finally has his first day of school

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Sep 3, 2008.

1. After 10 days of pneumonia :eek: , Evan finally had his first day of middle school today. He was happy to get out of the house!

365167492_6fjGJ-XL.

2. It's so great to know he is well! Good luck with middle school, I hear Alegrbra can be a killer.

3. i am glad that he is feeling better
    i had no idea he'd been THAT sick, mitch

4. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Wow - glad he is feeling better - great shot!

5. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    boy, did you get a back to school haircut or what? :biggrin:

Glad he's feeling better, and that is a fine looking boy you have there!

6. Glad he's feeling better!

7. Oh poor Evan, I'm glad he's doing better!! Hope his first day goes well and doesn't tire him out too much! He looks great. :smile:

8. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Pneumonia in the summer!? Glad to hear he's better. He looks like he faired alright though.

9. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Good Luck To Evan & Stay Healthy!! Nice Pic Mitch!

10. Thanks, Tim. Evan got that haircut courtesy of a fellow camper at his sleepaway camp who had lice.:eek:  My wife panicked with Evan's long hair and promptly got him a really short haircut. Fortunately, no critters were found!:biggrin:

11. Pictures are deceiving. He's feeling better, but he lost 6lbs this past week.:eek:  May not seem like much, but that's 10% of his body weight. He still tires easily, but he's definitely on the mend.:cool: 

12. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I understand...8 years ago I lost 35lbs in a period of 5 weeks of illness with pneumonia, at the end I was 105lb and I'm 5'7. I should have gone to the hospital much earlier than I did, it was almost too late.

It took me over a year to recover, but the week after - I actually took a plane to the U.S and hiked around San Francisco, but it was really hard to walk for a very long time.

I think your son will recover fairly quickly though, and very glad to hear he's better!
    It's a bacteria/virus I have a very big respect for nowadays. lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.