Even in Canada!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Bohdan, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Well I was hoping to get a D200 in mid January...but they sent 1 to Thunder Bay..1.....and it needed a home so I picked it up after work....Whoo hooo.....

Bohdan Bob Tkaczyk

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lololol

D200 lunacy...

Congratulations...
    Good for you....

3. Thanks Gale..you're right about the lunacy...other forums are getting downright out of control in their feeding frenzy!!!!

Bob

4. Congratulations Bob...I know how excited you must be.

5. It's so cute to see all the little kids rubbing their chubby little hands together, expressing such delight over their new toys!!! *LMAO* I'm so happy for you all! Giddiness reigns supreme!

6. Congrats Bob!!

Congratulations for your purchase, I'm really happy for you. :smile: :smile: Unfortunately I did not make the first cut at my local dealer.

Looking forward to see your pics with the new camera.
    Happy Holidays !!
    Benoit

7. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Relax and enjoy your new camera. We all know it is a capable performer. Exactly how good remains to be seen, but test shooting will eventually provide the answers.

I have availed myself of the approaching night and put my D200 to the longest of my noise tests (4 + 4 hours, total 8 hours). I won't miss it while sleeping :biggrin: Will I miss it tomorrow? Unlikely since I have a number of D2X bodies, but let the results speak for themselves.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Look foward to your tests for sure Bjorn...

Rest well :>))

9. Congratulations Bohdan! The single D200 in Thunder Bay managed to find the right home!
    I Look forward to see some results...

10. Thanks everyone for your support....at this point using the grip and AA batteries I've only managed to scroll through the menu and take a test shot of my sockless left foot while sitting in my easy chair...( AA batteries do not last long at all!!!)

Battery grip is a bonus of course, just waiting for the order for extra EL3e batteries to come in to the store....

Don't suppose anyone wants to see my left foot so I'll wait until another time to post my first pictures...
    First impression though...I have a lot of reading to do in the next couple of days..the autofocus is very fast on the 17-55..shooting in jpeg fine...I don't see where I have to do much post processing at all...what a bonus!

Bob

11. Bob,

Not sure about the D200, but the D100 grip worked with one battery... a little known and undocumented feature. You may want to try it.

Woody

12. Yes thanks Woody..I have one EL3 e in the battery grip now...what I meant to say was that I was waiting for a second to compliment the first in the battery grip giving me more shooting time between charges.

Bob

13. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    I didn't make the cut and my D200 will be in the second batch in January! It is so frustrating to read everyone's enthusiastic posts! Apparently, all the Canadian suppliers got shorted much less than they had ordered. So much for a worlwide release! I have also heard that the Dealers were told by Nikon Canada that no new orders would be accepted now until April!

14. Roger that... Those grips are great so get 3 batteries and you'll always have enough power.

The great thing about being able to use the AA batteries is that at the very least, you can power your camera with a convenient power source that's available almost anywhere. Great emergency back up but too limited for regular use.

Glad you're lovin' the camera. Hard to find bad things said about it.

Woody

15. Congratulations Bob, you should go a buy a lottery ticket now!!!!!!!!! Look forward to seeing some pics, I pick up mine tomorrow, havent been this excited ina long time, then again, Im in withdrawals as of late ;-)

16. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

If you think we're happy about the D200, imagine how Nikon feels.....
    I'll have mine tomorrow.

17. Great. I picked up mine too yesterday.

Are you aware that it is covered by a one-year only warranty ? Have you heard about an Extended Warranty program ? I was told by a Nikon rep that such a program is not available for the D200.

18. Félicitations Christian! I look forward to see some shots from you with your new toy....errrr....tool :biggrin: :biggrin: .

19. Félicitations Christian! Check if there's a cheaper alternative by third party extended guarantee. For the D2X, I know there's one that covers all repairs for 5 years. However, it doesn't include the camera and CCD cleaning like the one offered by Nikon.

20. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the new camera, Bob. I hope she performs like you had hoped and can't wait to see some images real soon.