Even monkeys fall out of tree's Nikkor 200 2.0 ED-IF AIS

So it had to happen sooner or later. One of my Nikkor AIS needs repair. Yesterday while shooting with my Nikkor 200 2.0 ED-IF AIS, I tried to stop it down and quickly discovered that the lens aperture was not closing down. After further inspection and taking the lens off the camera and trying to flick the little lever the little spring was broken/disengaged.
Well like I say. "even monkeys fall out of tree's". Of course I kept shooting at 2.0.

So I called Keh repair center and talked to Shawn and they said fixing it will be no problem:biggrin:. I do have to pay for shipping from Canada to US/US Canada but hey, it's one of my favorite lenses and the lens is in other wise in excellent condition.

It's nice to know if anything ever does goes wrong with Nikkor AIS that repair is possible.

At least there's a silver lining in this cloud. Let's hope the round trip is quick.

I had the Ai-S 200mm f/2.0 and enjoyed it a lot (until my wife got me the AF-S VR version).

The problem you describe sounds exactly like what happened with my AF-S 400mm f/2.8.
It stayed wide open and the aperture lever was solidly stuck.
I had it sent for repairs and it was noted that it needed a new aperture ring (thingie that rotates and moves the blades). The F-mount was changed also. Add CLS and about CAD$ 600 later I had my lens back in perfect order.
A bit of a pain, but well worth it when I consider what I paid for it combined with what a similar lens goes for these days :eek:.

Gregory asked me to post this image. In his words: "The last shot I took of the 200 2.0 ED-IF AIS before it, getting packed up for repair."

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom