Evening storm over Los Alamos

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As seen from the Santa Fe Opera.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice image Jim. Amazing how far you can see out west.
Thanks, Fred. That's what I like most about the West, but I don't the vistas are quite as clear as 20 years ago.

Yep, the storms and clouds out here can be amazing!
Yep, I could spend lots of happy hours just photographing the sky in New Mexico, especially at this time of year.

Great view....any shots of the opera itself? I've always wanted to go there but haven't taken the time.

Sean
All you have to do is ask...:wink:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sorry about the trailers, etc., but it is hard to get a good perspective on this place, and cameras are not allowed inside the gate. It's a wonderful venue, and the productions are excellent...rivaling the Met.

Real Name
Merlin Emrys
Until a few years ago the opera was a crapshoot for patrons, in terms of whether they would get soaked by a monsoon rainstorm! There was always a roof over the stage itself, though.

Definitely upscale, with lots of catered tailgating before the show.

Relative to vistas of today vs. 20 or so years ago -- the pollution and haze of Albuquerque has clearly contributed to the problem, but farther north (or south) one can still literally see for hundreds of miles.

Until a few years ago the opera was a crapshoot for patrons, in terms of whether they would get soaked by a monsoon rainstorm! There was always a roof over the stage itself, though.

Definitely upscale, with lots of catered tailgating before the show.

Relative to vistas of today vs. 20 or so years ago -- the pollution and haze of Albuquerque has clearly contributed to the problem, but farther north (or south) one can still literally see for hundreds of miles.
I was splattered by a thunderstorm there 20 years ago, but the new roof and mezzanine are a godsend. They even keep the cool evening breezes at bay.

I think much of the air pollution in northern New Mexico now comes from the big coal-powered power plant near Farmington.

All you have to do is ask...:wink:

Sorry about the trailers, etc., but it is hard to get a good perspective on this place, and cameras are not allowed inside the gate. It's a wonderful venue, and the productions are excellent...rivaling the Met.
Very cool - when I was a kid we received all our OTA TV from NM and that place looked so neat when they'd run tv promos for the season lineup.

Sean

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom