Evening walk by the river ..

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by ianm, May 20, 2005.

1. Just back from a short walk where the evening light was fading fast. Wish I had the SB800 with me - might have helped to lift the foreground a bit. It's amazing how much better you feel when you manage to squeeze even 30 mins photography into your day ..

The original looks much better than this on pbase - why is that ?

2. AndyWoodward

AndyWoodward Guest

Very nice image Ian. I very much like the moody sky and the bright yellow flowers in the foreground. Well done.

As for pbase, your image looks just a tad brighter on pbase than on the cafe on my monitor. It isn't much, but it is enough just to raise the flowers in the foreground and give it a little more punch. Why that is, I don't know I am afraid.

Great work

Andy

3. Thanks Andy, glad it's not my eyes :)

4. AH!! Very nice!! Wish I was there right now!! :D :D :D

5. Very nice, great color saturation. The stillness is amazing judging by the reflection in the water. Good job.

6. Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

This shot looks totally different across the computers I use. Colours are great on the iMAC, not so good on the Powerbook & Sony Vaio. Time to calibrate these displays I think.

Weather in NI has been lousy recently, if it isn't raining it's going to rain pretty soon so the calm water you see is rare !

7. sinapps

sinapps

Apr 30, 2005
    Houston
    Great shot. Very painterly. I think the brightness difference comes from the image being presented on a black background on pBase vs. white here at the Cafe.

Personally I prefer it on black.

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shot, Ian!

9. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great shot! And, yes it is the black backgound.....I compared them side by side, masked the NikonCafe image in black, and they looked identical to me then.