Event Photography Questions

I shot my wifes dance recital this past weekend. I am in the process of culling thought about 2k images to post on the web and offer them to the parents for purchase.

I know that there are many sites like smugmug that will host pictures, provide purchasing, printing, and shipping. Others just offer a way to view and to purchase pictures and you handle the orders. The fees I have seen are about 15%.

I am looking for some recommendations with personal experience. I would like to maximize as much profit as possible.

Thanks,
Larry

Shutterfly is probably your cheapest route. If you want to use them as a business front..it is $99 a year, but no bandwidth restrictions.

I moved on to PRINTROOM.COM...you pay for initial hard drive space...but only once...

Ice...for what's it's worth...I am getting ready to open an account with printroom.com. Some friends currently use them with good results and their fees seem reasonable.

I don't think you will be sorry. Did a lot of research and the print quality is great. Not the cheapest..not the most expensive...but great product for a fair price and lots of service.

Thanks for the replys. I setup an account with photoreflect. I'm trying to keep this as low cost as possible to see how the payout is going to be. This is my first event.

Larry

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom