ever had the feeling you are being watched?

Hi All,

Last night there was a De Havilland Dash 8-100 flying low, circling, over downtown Vancouver for a about an hour. Georgie took a shot from her couch.

_AM34044-surveillance@0.25x.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D850 500PF

Much to my surprise someone is watching and they are being damn obvious they are watching....

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"i guess i shouldn't have used your internet account when i'm hacking..." - Georgie Beagle

Last edited:
Cool shot! Not the usual color palette for an airplane.

Congratulations to Georgie for nailing the shutter speed that displays motion in the propellers.

Hi Mike, yes the colors are unusual, but not for Canada... the coast guard uses red and white, SAR uses a yellow paint while fisheries and border services tend to have red aircraft. I think it is so they are easily spotted if they go down.

Cheers,

" or so recreational pilots don't fly into them...." - Georgie Beagle

Hi Mike, yes the colors are unusual, but not for Canada... the coast guard uses red and white, SAR uses a yellow paint while fisheries and border services tend to have red aircraft. I think it is so they are easily spotted if they go down.

Cheers,

" or so recreational pilots don't fly into them...." - Georgie Beagle
Nah, I'm into conspiracy theories—it's all an extension of "Canada Nice" and your government planes are painted in photographer-friendly colors. :D Here we go for basic grey and basic black.

The Russians.

You are probably right..... many years ago (the seventies...) I took a shot of a tramp freighter coming into Vancouver harbor in the fog. I liked it so much I did a print of it. Months later a friend who was a lieutenant on a Canadian destroyer took a look at it and started laughing. I said: "What?" He told me the ship was not a tramp freighter and was a Russian spy ship. He said it had followed them for days out in the Pacific and the ship could do 30 knots.... He was the intelligence officer on the destroyer and so had taken thousands of pics of that ship over the past few months.

Cheers,

"hurump…. I'm the one who was watching the watcher...." - Georgie Beagle

Latest threads

Top Bottom